Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Announcement - Cursing in Thread Titles

1. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Totally not getting the logic behind this . . . the same reason the rule existed (because the filter didn't work on titles) still exists.

When a pre-teen has seen the title, it's too late to ask for a modification. Seems a quick way to make this place less family- and work-friendly.
    Why would a preteen be reading it?

life's a party, rock your body
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    why does the absence of the language filter mean that cursing should be allowed now in thread titles? I personally don't mind either way, but I just don't understand the correlation. if anything, it would seem that that rule should continue in order to help curb the language that now can't be filtered for those that normally would have wanted it, like Malfoy.
    Because there has been confusion since day 1 as to what is and was not OK as far as language goes, where it can and can't be posted, what is filtered and what is not, and so on. Considering that now other then thread titles all language can be seen and posted, it is less confusing for all to make it the same rules straight across. This is an 18+ over site, and language is not something that we need to moderate.
  3. 021409<3
    021409<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    Then don't expose the site to your preteen

Nothing they haven't seen or heard at school.
  4. Senior Member

I thought this thread was going to ban all cursing since the filter is broken I was like "The fuck!?" then I was like "Fuck yeah!"
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Ashley View Post
    This is totally just my opinion so I could be off but honestly, I don't really think this place is supposed to necessarily be "family friendly." I mean it's a website you have to be 18+ to be a member of. And as far as work friendly, I kinda feel like if people are that worried about it then maybe they shouldn't be MSOS-ing at work anyway. I don't mean this to be an attack on you btw, nor am I trying to stir stuff up, just sayin'.
    Yup.

I really never understood the cursing thing. Malfoy what do you do in public? Ask people not cuss around you? And I don't ask with snark, just genuinely curious.

6. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Yup.

I really never understood the cursing thing. Malfoy what do you do in public? Ask people not cuss around you? And I don't ask with snark, just genuinely curious.
    Look, I can handle swearing. I watch tv, movies, I live in the world. I understand it is there. I don't flinch or go "ew!" or be ridiculous thinking my ears are bleeding or whatever nonsense. If strangers around me are swearing, then I go somewhere else. If the company I am keeping is swearing, then I ask them to not while I am around. I don't enjoy swearing. I think there are better more appropriate ways to use language. In the case of this website, I understand it doesn't bother most of everyone here. It's a public place. However, if I find that it becomes just too much, then as in my previous example, this is a public place and I'll leave.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    Look, I can handle swearing. I watch tv, movies, I live in the world. I understand it is there. I don't flinch or go "ew!" or be ridiculous thinking my ears are bleeding or whatever nonsense. If strangers around me are swearing, then I go somewhere else. If the company I am keeping is swearing, then I ask them to not while I am around. I don't enjoy swearing. I think there are better more appropriate ways to use language. In the case of this website, I understand it doesn't bother most of everyone here. It's a public place. However, if I find that it becomes just too much, then as in my previous example, this is a public place and I'll leave.
    Can I just say good for you for asking people to not swear around you IRL if they usually do? I can't tell you how many people have ignored me after hanging out one time because I swear sometimes (without telling me the reason 'til way later). You (general) can cut out a lot of swearing in your life if it's bothersome pretty easily, honestly. I had trouble with it for a while and you can limit it a lot
  8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Hell yes!
  9. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    Can I just say good for you for asking people to not swear around you IRL if they usually do? I can't tell you how many people have ignored me after hanging out one time because I swear sometimes (without telling me the reason 'til way later). You (general) can cut out a lot of swearing in your life if it's bothersome pretty easily, honestly. I had trouble with it for a while and you can limit it a lot
    I think it goes with a lot of things in life. If something bothers you, bring it up. Swearing doesn't need to be any different. I have typically only had to mention it to friends once and they remember for forever. Can't say I've lost friends over asking, so I'm sorry you've lost friends for them not being open with you. But, I may lose my friends on this site if that's what I need to do.
  10. By the power of Greyskull...
    By the power of Greyskull...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    fuck yes!

"photo mother fucking contest theme - july 7"
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast