Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement regarding GIF and image usage

1. Moderator

Exclamation Announcement regarding GIF and image usage

Advertisements
    Staff wanted to make the site aware that recently we have received a great deal of reports about the use of GIF's (photos) in threads. More specifically the use of images in a negative manner that aim to insult, offend, put down, or otherwise have a negative effect on the person/thread it is directed at. While TOS currently does not specify anything about the use of images in this manner, and we would prefer to not have to add/change anything, some situations have gotten close to crossing the line into lack of respect, civility, and deliberate insults. Posting a photo instead of typing out the words still makes it an issue if you're doing it to be negative.

As always we urge you to post with consideration for the other person/other people, this goes for posting photos/GIF's as well. We will do our best to answer any questions, but be aware that because of this specific topic, context does come into play and any action that may be taken will depend greatly on the situation.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

So what is this saying? Don't post GIFs that specifically name call? Because folks use sarcastic, dry humor on the boards quite a bit.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Senior Member
    Got it, but I REALLY think if people are old enough and mature enough to be a member of and post on an internet forum for adults, they need to put their big girl panties on and not about things of this nature.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    So what is this saying? Don't post GIFs that specifically name call? Because folks use sarcastic, dry humor on the boards quite a bit.
    I think it means don't be sewwwwwww mean to people by posting gifs that make you a big meanie head.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    Got it, but I REALLY think if people are old enough and mature enough to be a member of and post on an internet forum for adults, they need to put their big girl panties on and not about things of this nature.
    Agreed.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    I think it means don't be sewwwwwww mean to people.
    So should we stop with all dry humor whatsoever? I just...I don't know, this announcement is so vague and passive-aggressive that I can't make sense of what STAFF is saying. Could y'all please come out and say what you're trying to say in no uncertain terms? I can't really understand what the OP is announcing.
    ​​​

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    So should we stop with all dry humor whatsoever? I just...I don't know, this announcement is so vague and passive-aggressive that I can't make sense of what STAFF is saying. Could y'all please come out and say what you're trying to say in no uncertain terms? I can't really understand what the OP is announcing.
    If your posting a photo to be an ass towards someone, don't post it. If typing the words wouldn't fly, posting a picture isn't going to either. There is a BIG difference between posting to be funny, dry humor or not, and posting to put someone down.

That more direct?
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure its saying, words and pictures can be taken as offensive, so if you shouldn't type it out in words what that gif/image is representing, you probably shouldn't post the picture/gif.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    If your posting a photo to be an ass towards someone, don't post it. If typing the words wouldn't fly, posting a picture isn't going to either. There is a BIG difference between posting to be funny, dry humor or not, and posting to put someone down.

That more direct?
    Thanks for posting what I said as I was typing it thought stealer!

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post

That more direct?
    Yes, thank you!
    ​​​

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast