Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Protected Forums

  1. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Sunbeam's Avatar
    Sunbeam is offline
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,438
    #11
    Advertisements
    Thank you!!!
  2. Senior Member
    SamanthaAniwaya's Avatar
    SamanthaAniwaya is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    885

    #12
    I thought the requirements for all the other restricted ones (not the bunker) were 45+ days of membership and 350+ posts (aside from The Gem, which I know requires the paid membership as well)? So some of them really aren't actually a thing just a trick? (Since I think the only one that is open to me now, that had those requirements, is MSOS Freecycle. The others still show nothing in the forum or the ability to post a thread in it, or just say I don't have access still, whatever the case was previously.)
    Deployment #1: Over!

    DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much


    Extended separation #2: Over!
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAniwaya View Post
    I thought the requirements for all the other restricted ones (not the bunker) were 45+ days of membership and 350+ posts (aside from The Gem, which I know requires the paid membership as well)? So some of them really aren't actually a thing just a trick? (Since I think the only one that is open to me now, that had those requirements, is MSOS Freecycle. The others still show nothing in the forum or the ability to post a thread in it, or just say I don't have access still, whatever the case was previously.)
    If you're not yet able to access them it may because you just reached 350 mark and the system hasn't updated yet. You can try logging out and logging back in, that can sometimes help, otherwise give it 72 hours and if it's still an issue, contact staff and we can try to look into it

    The boxing ring, photo album, pillow talk, and require 350 posts and 45 days of membership, and the gem requires 350 post and 45 days of membership plus a jewel membership. No trick, I promise

    The bunker is 1 year membership and 3500 posts, and DearSOS just requires 15 posts.

    Most of the forums you just need a membership to access them.


  4. Senior Member
    SamanthaAniwaya's Avatar
    SamanthaAniwaya is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    885

    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    If you're not yet able to access them it may because you just reached 350 mark and the system hasn't updated yet. You can try logging out and logging back in, that can sometimes help, otherwise give it 72 hours and if it's still an issue, contact staff and we can try to look into it

    The boxing ring, photo album, pillow talk, and require 350 posts and 45 days of membership, and the gem requires 350 post and 45 days of membership plus a jewel membership. No trick, I promise

    The bunker is 1 year membership and 3500 posts, and DearSOS just requires 15 posts.

    Most of the forums you just need a membership to access them.
    I figured it might be the system just being a bit behind but remembered someone saying something about certain forums just being a joke.
    Thanks!

    Although, I'm pretty sure one forum in particular actually IS.
    Deployment #1: Over!

    DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much


    Extended separation #2: Over!
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAniwaya View Post
    I figured it might be the system just being a bit behind but remembered someone saying something about certain forums just being a joke.
    Thanks!

    Although, I'm pretty sure one forum in particular actually IS.
    Hmm, there's only one that I can think of that required 15,000 posts and 2 year membership, but that has been closed for quite some time. Other than that, there shouldn't be any forums that members can't access at some point or another.

    What forum is it that you're referring to?


  6. Senior Member
    villanelle's Avatar
    villanelle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,787
    #16
    I am pretty sure that in some thread somewhere, Asher made a joke about fake forums, but it was just a joke.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    SamanthaAniwaya's Avatar
    SamanthaAniwaya is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    885

    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    Hmm, there's only one that I can think of that required 15,000 posts and 2 year membership, but that has been closed for quite some time. Other than that, there shouldn't be any forums that members can't access at some point or another.

    What forum is it that you're referring to?
    I was talking about "Secret Squirrel Room." Never heard anyone say anything about it, nor is it an open thread so I just figured that may have been it.

    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I am pretty sure that in some thread somewhere, Asher made a joke about fake forums, but it was just a joke.
    I believe it was GuyNavyWife that said it.
    Deployment #1: Over!

    DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much


    Extended separation #2: Over!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •