Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEED PASTA IDEAS THAT DO NOT INVOLVE TOMATOES

1. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Advertisements
    Damn everybody already claimed my suggestions.

I do have an alfredo recipe that is uber easy if you want it. You can grill chicken or shrimp and toss it in too.
  2. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Made this for DH one night and he went make for thirds!

Korean Steak Noodles Recipe | Food | Disney Family.com
    Ingredients
    5 or 6 dried black or shiitake mushrooms
    12 ounces sweet potato noodles (or the same amount of Asian cellophane, glass, or bean thread noodles or, in a pinch, regular vermicelli)
    a bunch of spinach (washed) or a bag of baby spinach
    2 cloves of garlic, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped, divided use
    1 tablespoon Asian toasted sesame oil, divided use
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or half as much table salt)
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    3/4 pound boneless steak (such as New York strip or sirloin tips), about 1-inch thick, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips
    1/3 cup soy sauce, divided use
    1/2 an onion, sliced
    1 carrot, shredded
    3 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces (or a few large chives, snipped)
    1/3 cup sugar
    toasted sesame seeds

Directions

Begin by reconstituting the mushrooms: in a small bowl, cover them with very hot tap water and set them aside.
    Now cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 4-5 minutes (it may be less or more if you're using a different type of noodle: you don't want to cook them beyond chewiness), then use tongs to pull them out into a colander and rinse them very well under cold running water. They will be very, very chewy, which is what you want. If you like, use scissors to cut them up a bit for easier eating.
    In that same pot of boiling water, blanch the spinach: it will turn bright green almost immediately, at which point you should drain it in a colander and rinse it under cold water. Gather it into a ball and squeeze all the moisture out of it and, if you used large leaves of spinach, cut the ball in half with a knife. In a small bowl, dress the spinach with half the garlic, a teaspoon of the sesame oil, and the salt and set it aside.
    Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the steak, a spoonful of the soy sauce, and the rest of the garlic. Stir-fry until the meat is cooked, 3-4 minutes, then add the onion, the carrot, and the mushrooms, which you've drained and cut into slices. Cook until the onion is translucent, another 3 or so minutes, then add the scallions and stir-fry for another minute.
    In a large bowl, combine the noodles, the spinach, the beef mixture, the remaining soy sauce, the remaining sesame oil, and the sugar. Mix it will -- you will likely need to use your hands for this -- then serve warm, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
    Signature removed due to size.
  3. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    Italian pasta!
    Some swirly noodles, italian dressing, parmesan cheese~ and chichi beans!

They're amazing you gotta make the noodles cold first. DH loves it so much >w<
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by braveliltoaster View Post
    Damn everybody already claimed my suggestions.

I do have an alfredo recipe that is uber easy if you want it. You can grill chicken or shrimp and toss it in too.
    If its super easy send it over, I suck at following recipies, but I am willing to try

Thanks!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by nessa3399 View Post

That sounds really yummY!
    And I forgot that I add garlic to both of them until I saw the other post. I prefer to use fresh, but always have the jar of chopped garlic in the fridge for garlic emergencies!
  6. Senior Member
    Fresh garlic? Or garlic that comes already jarred?
    Either way. Don't tell DH I said that though. I swear he loves his garlic press more than he loves me.

We also use a lot of pesto. I'm not supposed to eat a lot of tomatoes on my diet, so we try to be creative. I like to add some heavy cream to it, or mix it with alfredo sauce.
  7. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    chicken alfredo with broccoli. or pasta with pesto sauce? those are my fav's
  8. Senior Member
    I honestly dont know what Pesto sauce is? I have heard of it but not clue what it is...
  9. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

If its super easy send it over, I suck at following recipies, but I am willing to try

Thanks!
    I love this and it is super easy. I like to get the mini rounds cheese ravioli and make them with it.

1/4 cup butter
    3 TBSP flour
    1 TBSP minced or crushed garlic
    Pint of Heavy cream
    1/2 c parm cheese
    1 tsp garlic powder

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the flour, crushed garlic and garlic powder into the melted butter until its kinda pasty. Whisk the cream into it and bring it to a simmer. Add Parmesan cheese into the sauce, stirring often. Bring the sauce to a simmer; cook, stirring regularly, until the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. All the measurements are approximate, I just look at it and kinda wing it.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by braveliltoaster View Post
    I love this and it is super easy. I like to get the mini rounds cheese ravioli and make them with it.

1/4 cup butter
    3 TBSP flour
    1 TBSP minced or crushed garlic
    Pint of Heavy cream
    1/2 c parm cheese
    1 tsp garlic powder

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the flour, crushed garlic and garlic powder into the melted butter until its kinda pasty. Whisk the cream into it and bring it to a simmer. Add Parmesan cheese into the sauce, stirring often. Bring the sauce to a simmer; cook, stirring regularly, until the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. All the measurements are approximate, I just look at it and kinda wing it.

I think i can pull that off, thanks you!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast