Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fried Rice

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    I never use a recipe, I just scramble some egg, cook some rice, than add that to a fry pan with peas, grated carrot, shrimp (or ham) and a little soy sauce. Just taste as you go along
    I've made something like this before and it came out really good.
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I don't ever use recipes for fried rice either.

Put some oil in a pan and heat on med-high..pour in the COOKED rice...cook...add veggies...cook more...add some soy sauce...scoot the rice to one side of the pot and add an egg...scramble it on that side...mix everything together and voila! Easy fried rice.

I also add some fresh minced garlic into the hot oil just prior to adding the rice. I love cooking with garlic. You could also add some thinly sliced onion in with the garlic too.
  3. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I don't ever use recipes for fried rice either.

Put some oil in a pan and heat on med-high..pour in the COOKED rice...cook...add veggies...cook more...add some soy sauce...scoot the rice to one side of the pot and add an egg...scramble it on that side...mix everything together and voila! Easy fried rice.

I also add some fresh minced garlic into the hot oil just prior to adding the rice. I love cooking with garlic. You could also add some thinly sliced onion in with the garlic too.

our recipe is very similar to this. We start with butter instead (so bad for you but that's what makes it taste so good) and saute some onions, little bit of garlic. Add eggs and scramble them, add the cooked rice, soy sauce and mix together. Finish with green onions sprinkled on top. YUM. We like to add fried spam for breakfast fried rice. (I swear we are usually pretty healthy people, but we indulge occasionally with stuff like this!)
  4. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

OK officially HUNGRY now! wow thanks these sound great I appreciate the help. Will give it a try tonight yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12