Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Roasted Red Potatoes?

1. Counting down the days...
    Counting down the days...

Bang Head Roasted Red Potatoes?

Advertisements
    I've tried a million recipes, and they always turn out bland. Tonight I made some with: olive oil, coarse sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, minced garlic clove, and rosemary. Sounds great, tasted like nothing. I follow the recipes, sometimes I use more than I am supposed to, but I just cannot get it to taste the way I want.

Anyone have a really great recipe?
  2. Senior Member
    Dice the potatoes, toss with some melted butter and olive oil. Add a packet of the italian dressing seasoning, some diced onions ( I like red onions in it best but any onion is good), some minced garlic, a tiny bit of salt, and some pepper.
  3. Counting down the days...
    Counting down the days...
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Dice the potatoes, toss with some melted butter and olive oil. Add a packet of the italian dressing seasoning, some diced onions ( I like red onions in it best but any onion is good), some minced garlic, a tiny bit of salt, and some pepper.
    Thanks, I will try this! I think red onions would be best, I like how they are a little sweet.

Anyone else?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I put olive oil on them and toast them...then I put cheese and bacon bits on them and melt the cheese. When they come out I put sour cream on them...yummy!
    WATCH WHAT YOU POST. REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS WATCHING![/SIZE]
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I like to boil mine off first in chicken stock with some garlic cloves. Then I let them dry and roast them the rest of the way with whatever seasoning I have. It gives them a lot more flavor and they are moist and fluffy too.
  6. Senior Member
    I love red potatoes. I might have to use some of these.
  7. Senior Member
    I quarter them, mix them in a bowl with veggie oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary, then roast them. I REALLY love to add parm.cheese but dh hates cheese. It's yummy though!!!

Awaiting the arrival of baby Andrew

8. Regular Member
    i like to quarter my potatoes and toss them with olive oil and a packet of dry french onion soup mix!

An Airman in Iraq has my

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I cut them up into small chunks and put them in a bowl. Add olive oil, pepper, season salt, steak seasoning(flakes), garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne. Shake all of that up with the potatoes. Put in a pan with some water(to steam) and cover with aluminum foil and bake for about an hour. Take the foil off and then cook uncovered for about 10 minutes. Let the potatoes get a little crunchy while the insides are soft. They are pretty good.
  10. Army Aviation Wife
    Army Aviation Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by ungracekelli View Post
    i like to quarter my potatoes and toss them with olive oil and a packet of dry french onion soup mix!
    I do this too! I love it! You can also bake asparagus like this if anyone like it! I love it that way!