Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming: Sign or no sign?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Homecoming: Sign or no sign?

Advertisements
    Hi everyone! Tomorrow my DH comes home. I have everything ready to go as far as the house, favorite meal, dessert, etc. It's his first deployment so I wanted to make it a special homecoming. Only thing is idk if I should make a sign or not. He isn't the flashy type so I can't imagine him really caring too much, but then again I don't want him to feel left out if the other spouses and families are waving signs around for their loved one. Are signs really that big of a thing? I don't really have anyone to ask that will be attending. I originally posted this in the homecoming section but was sure if anyone would pick up on it. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I have put banners in the house.
  2. Senior Member
    Our first homecoming I just showed up. I had the house decorated with balloons and all. The second time I had a sign for the kids which anyone who knew me and fully understood our situation they got a great kick out of it. He was on a surge deployment and in Feb he got extended. So the sign said "dad so glad you are home, mom quite in Feb." his CO got a good laugh
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    Our first homecoming I just showed up. I had the house decorated with balloons and all. The second time I had a sign for the kids which anyone who knew me and fully understood our situation they got a great kick out of it. He was on a surge deployment and in Feb he got extended. So the sign said "dad so glad you are home, mom quite in Feb." his CO got a good laugh
    Thank you for your response Margot31! I think I'll go ahead and make a small sign, I figure it can't hurt. Hopefully I can come up with something as cute as yours!
  4. Senior Member
    We are going to make signs! And now I'm kind of considering stealing Margot31's!! DH was extended as well -___-
    I guess I shouldn't complain, because a year ago we were just celebrating that he was able to go back active duty at all.
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  5. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

I still haven't made up my mind yet if the boys and I are going to make one. His unit isn't even doing a homecoming ceremony - kind of takes the pomp and circumstance out of it.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  6. Senior Member
    I'd say it's maybe 50/50 of people that have them versus those who don't, so I wouldn't worry about it. I've never done one in nearly 20 years of homecoming. DH hasn't cared at all.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I did one for dh's last homecoming, ended up just getting in the way.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The majority of people at our last homecoming didn't bring signs. I did. It really doesn't matter. My fiancé saw it, liked it for a second, and then we moved right to hugging which was all we both cared about lol. I think the making of the sign in anticipation of homecoming is exciting. Totally your call
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I have never made a sign. When my husband came home on R&R his family made signs and I thought they were cute but totally not my thing.
    I think they are a bit cheesy but do whatever you want! You definitely won't be the only one with a sign.

life's a party, rock your body
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    An active, new thread! Am I hallucinating?

As for a sign? He is going to be happy being with his family, sign or no sign.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast