Any one live or has lived in El Paso?

What are things to do there?

How is it living there?

Pros and Cons?

Your experience?
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Haven't lived there but my DH is from there so we visit pretty regularly, it's not bad but there's not a whole lot to do. The food is good though You have to try Chicos and Tony's Burritos.

3. Senior Member
    You are by the mountains so they have some really good hiking there. They also have a few museums. Like April said, the food is great!!!

4. Senior Member
    Dh has been there, I have not, but from him he said it was a miserable hot desert and hates it. Lol. I hear the post is massive and has some great amenities. I’m going down in June, I’ll let you know my opinion when I get back. I google and Pinterest everything, seems like there’s stuff to do and lots of outdoor stuff.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I was born and raised in EP and my family still lives there. I used to say that I would never move back and that its pretty behind in the times. But recently, the community has been putting forth a lot of effort to bring in new businesses, jobs, restaurants/retail, etc. It's a very proud city. I used to think there was nothing to do there (which may still be true, but I think I'm just more interested in actually searching for things to do when I visit).

Highlights- food. Honestly. In addition to what April mentioned, L&J's cafe is also good, as is Carlos and Mickey's. There's quite a few new retail centers, there's Viva El Paso (an outdoor musical event in the summer), a lot of hiking/mountain stuff, Downtown EP and Kern place have some good bars and restaurants as well. The Washington Post also recently posted an article about things to do there. We also have an art museum, a history museum, a Holocaust museum, and an archaeology museum, and a children's museum coming soon. There's also the El Paso Zoo, Western Playland , and Wet 'n Wild (the latter 2 are adventure parks). We also recently got a Top Golf.

I feel like, there CAN be things to do there. It's also within driving range to some cool places in New Mexico- Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Carlsbad, White Sands, Las Cruces (not as exciting, but Old Mesilla Village is located there and has cute shops and restaurants).

I visited Ft. Bliss a few times and its MASSIVE. The PX is equally massive. But that's about all I know about it.

As for my experience... I grew up there so thought it was boring. However now I think it has a lot more to offer than it used to. Weather- hot AF. Community- awesome and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Haven't lived there but my DH is from there so we visit pretty regularly, it's not bad but there's not a whole lot to do. The food is good though You have to try Chicos and Tony's Burritos.
    Dude, how did I not know this about your DH?? We have too many similarities, April!
  6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #luci View Post
    Dude, how did I not know this about your DH?? We have too many similarities, April!
    I'm still really confused how we never met during college But yeah his mom's side of the family is in El Paso and his Dad's side is in Nebraska so he lived both places but calls El Paso home. My fave thing there is a chile relleno burrito from Tony's...like would drive the 10 hours there just for one of those (or two or three )

7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    DB is stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Tx so I visit at least monthly. I wouldn't say El Paso is the prime destination for someone who loves to be out doing stuff all the time. It is just like any city in the fact that it has lots of good restaurants, theaters, live music, historical sites, etc. There isn't much that sets El Paso apart. I always find a new place to eat or a fun new bar while I am there. If you will be at Fort Bliss, it is HUGE! The PX is a good place to wander and has most of the things needed to keep soldiers content. Plus, they just added a World of Beer!