Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Overseas Screening

1. Regular Member

Nutts Overseas Screening

Advertisements
    My DH told me today that I need to go ahead and start on my overseas screening process. He's just as lost as I am on it and I don't really have anyone I can ask. I was sent the paperwork, but he doesn't have his "official orders", just verbal. Looks like I can have the actual screening on base unless I have those, but they said I needed to do it now? The military is so confusing. I don't live near a military base so I will be going to my regular provider to get everything done. It looks like all I need is a physical from my GP, results from my most recent pap smear, a PPD, and any vaccines that are recommend or need to be updated. I already have a passport that I just got renewed this year. I know before I was told that I need something from a dentist but I don't see that anywhere in the paperwork. The paperwork I have has a questionnaire, but it looks like I can fill that out and just bring it when I go through the screening process or should my doctor fill that out during my physical? It also says I need my complete medical record, but theres a sheet for me to sign giving them permission to get that? I'm just so confused. Is there anything else I need to take with me? Or anything in specific that I need to ask my regular doctor to do other than a physical? Last time I had a physical he told me that I'm healthy and theres really no reason to keep having them done until I'm older or unless I have concerns.
    Thank you for any advice..you guys have been so helpful!
  2. Regular Member
    What is a PPD? Would you happen to know the rules for pets (cat and dog)?
  3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    You will need a military passport that isn’t used for traveling but contains your visa to stay in the country.
    I don’t think you can get that without orders though.

life's a party, rock your body
  4. Regular Member
    its A tuberculosis skin test. I actually asked a few weeks ago about pets going overseas. It all depends on where you are going and the type/size of dog you have. Most places allow the dogs to travel under the plane, but i have a smaller dog that is right on the height verge of having to go in cargo instead of cabin. Some dogs needs to be quarantined when they get there and there’s a few different things they need to go.
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Where are you going?

life's a party, rock your body
  6. Senior Member
    I would call the EFMP/overseas screening office for you current base. My husband is AF but the one up here was great in telling me exactly what forms needed to be filled out and by who. It was honestly the quickest command sponsorship paperwork we've done. I did all the paperwork and was cleared within 3 weeks. They won't cut orders until you've been approved usually.