Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarity needed..!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Clarity needed..!

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,
    How can I know for sure that a Marine Military Member is still on active duties or not??
    Where can I check this information or get the information required?
    Thank you
  2. Senior Member
    Tough to give much advice without more info. Do you know this person? Are you okay with him or her knowing you are looking? What exactly do you need to know, and why?

A good start would be asking him to email you from his official ".mil" account.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Tough to give much advice without more info. Do you know this person? Are you okay with him or her knowing you are looking? What exactly do you need to know, and why?

A good start would be asking him to email you from his official ".mil" account.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I do know the person but I was told that they had been released from active duties and back state side..However, his international number where he was based is still active and heís been back state side coming on 7 months now as well Iíve seen him online a few times and no I donít want him to know Iím checking for clarity on what heís told me but thanks for her input just the same.
  5. Senior Member
    Without asking them I am not sure how you would be able to tell? At this moment I have copies of DB's orders incase I need them for anything while he's deployed so that shows he's active...have you seen his military ID? That should tell you if he's active or not...

Why do you think he's not being honest with you?
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Iím only asking because I noticed that his foreign number where he was based is still active and he has returned back stateside months ago now. I know the marines of Abby time but not sure for how long. Do you know how the Abby time works? Then again Iím thinking he could just have kept the number active to remain in contact with his fellow marines back in Europe. I also notice his name was added to the Marine MARADMIN last year which Iím not quiet sure what is the purpose of it so Iím just trying to get some clarity regarding whether he is still active or he have been release has heís stated...
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Email from .mil account, LES, orders, CAC. However, none of those will be easy to come by casually and without prompting an explanation as to why you're looking. I feel like there are underlying reasons as to why you can't trust this person, but can't you just ask why the number is still connected?
  8. Senior Member
    Why canít you just ask why the number is still active? Are you dating this person? Just bring it up casually and be like ďhey do you realize your overseas number was still active?Ē Maybe thereís is reasonable explanation (contract maybe thatís easier to just honor rather than having to pay a huge fee for example)
  9. Senior Member
    What is your relationship with this person? Generally speaking if you need to do some detective work to find out if a person is lying to you, it's probably best to cut ties.
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    What is your relationship with this person? Generally speaking if you need to do some detective work to find out if a person is lying to you, it's probably best to cut ties.
    I'm assuming it's this guy - Communication stopped!

In which case, he hasn't spoken to her since Oct/Nov... should probably let it go at this point.
    ~Becca~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast