Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Getting rid of stuff

1. Senior Member

Getting rid of stuff

Advertisements
    What are your "rules" for getting rid of stuff?
    Before marriage and kids, anything I didn't use daily got sent to goodwill every move. I am however, tired of rebuying certain things.
    Also, with the kids, I'm so sentimental about way too much with their toys. I am so sad to get rid of the first toys, or toys that the younger two *may* play with later. We also have toys that were mine and dh's as kids that I might need to bring myself to getting rid of? And what about gifts from grandparents?
    I brought myself to toss the breyer horses the kids broke (multiple times).

What kind of guidelines do you all set when purging to move? I could probably part with our washer and dryer, but would like to move/store their swing set which we bought last year.
    My mom is a hoarder and I don't know if my view is skewed.
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. Senior Member
    I hate clutter and stuff. My rule is that if I haven’t used it in a year, it’s donated or tossed. I can’t stand keeping things for “just in case”. I have anxiety though, and too many things and clutter definitely triggers it, so my view may be skewed as well.
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    I hate clutter and stuff. My rule is that if I haven’t used it in a year, it’s donated or tossed. I can’t stand keeping things for “just in case”. I have anxiety though, and too many things and clutter definitely triggers it, so my view may be skewed as well.
    This is how I feel also. If it doesn't get used or bring me joy, it goes. I need to start purging my house as well.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3