Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ignorning or Long Flight Time?

1. Regular Member

Ignorning or Long Flight Time?

Advertisements
    My DB was flying from the East Coast to West Coast early this morning. He was on the plane at like 3:00 in the morning his time, and that was about 9.5 hours ago. Last night he messaged me saying he'd let me know when he arrived at the air port. I didn't respond to it because I read it in the middle of the morning and figured he was still in flight by the time I saw it, and he'd just still do it anyway....So 9.5 hours later I haven't received a message, and he usually posts a picture on his Snapchat when he arrives places. I did see on Facebook messenger that he was active 2 hours ago...Not sure if he's ignoring me, or if he still really is in flight because I messaged him 2 hours ago on Snapchat to check in if he made it, and that hasn't been opened. I'm wondering if he's really still in flight for 9.5 hours, or if he could have just forgotten to message me (or is ignoring me) and maybe just went to sleep as soon as he got where he was going. He always has messaged me when he's landed before, but I'm wondering if he didn't because I didn't reply with my usual. "Okay! (:" Or something a long those lines.
  2. Senior Member
    My mother's direct flight from Texas to Seattle was 4.5 hours, so I imagine it's probably about 6ish hours or more from the east coast if he was direct.

But even so, it's been 9.5 hours lol. I wouldn't worry. He's probably tired. I think you're overthinking it.

ETA: also if he left at 3 am eastern time and took a 6 hour flight, he'd land on the west coast at like 6 am here. He's probably in bed. It's not even noon, and he's been up since 3 am. give him a break.

3. Senior Member
    Why donít you message him?
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    My mother's direct flight from Texas to Seattle was 4.5 hours, so I imagine it's probably about 6ish hours or more from the east coast if he was direct.

But even so, it's been 9.5 hours lol. I wouldn't worry. He's probably tired. I think you're overthinking it.

ETA: also if he left at 3 am eastern time and took a 6 hour flight, he'd land on the west coast at like 6 am here. He's probably in bed. It's not even noon, and he's been up since 3 am. give him a break.
    Yeah, I probably am overthinking it. I know he traveled literally pretty much all day yesterday. I just don't know how the time zones are, and thought that me not replying to him had to do with him not going through with messaging me. I suppose things aren't the same all the time, just have to get used to it.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeth View Post
    Why don’t you message him?
    I did, like two hours ago. But someone else explained the time zones better so he probably got picked up from the airport and went to sleep right away. I'm sure I'll hear from him soon.
  6. Senior Member
    When I flew from Florida to Oregon I had two long flights and a short one, but my layovers were so short I had to run across the airport. I wouldn't worry quite yet
  7. Regular Member
    Ok. I definitely was being a worry wart. I didn't know that he had a layover in between so wanted to update to everyone that he messaged me about an hour ago...So, there I go again being overdramatic. LOL. :/