Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When SO comes homes

1. Regular Member

When SO comes homes

Advertisements
    My DH has now passed the 200 day mark so looking forward to a brighter day.
    What did you do on the first night/weekend your deployed SO came home?
  2. Senior Member
    We usually do almost nothing. That tends to be his preference. I think he just wants to enjoy some normalcy and quiet, as that's one of the things he misses most.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    Excited for you!!! I can't wait to be at the end! I know I'll have banana pudding in the fridge waiting for him (it's his favorite desert) amd he's not getting anything close to that where he's at.
  4. Senior Member
    The first time, the first night was a home cooked meal and watching tv. the weekend was spent getting his car, going and getting the rest of his stuff.

This time not sure since we have kids and even for me his homecoming is going to be very different. More than likely we will just stay at home for the few days he has if he gets any. Once he gets is deployment leave is when we will spend some good family time.
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Last time we didn't really do anything. Chilled at home for a few days and went out when he felt like it.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yay! Such an exciting time. The very first thing DH wanted to do was take a shower, then pig out on junk food. We just spent a very chill night at home. He was exhausted, jet lagged and culture shocked so we took it easy for a long time.
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    We don’t do very much. He usually needs to catch up on sleep, and he wants peace and quiet.

Mostly we potter around home getting used to each other again.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

We go out to eat dinner as a family and then chill at home.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. Regular Member
    OK, then he is fairly normal (in that regard anyway). He always talks about going somewhere but it ends up we just veg out and deal with the real word crap -- which is fine by me. As long as his feet are on US soil, no complaints from me.
    (It is MUCH harder for me trying to stay with the normal routine before he leaves.)

I have such admiration for you Navy girls when I read about the 2 year Japan deployments.

This return will be different though, as I will still be caring for my Dad. No siblings, so just me, no escape. Hard to enjoy the "private veg out" time with Doctor Who on the DVR when you aren't alone in the house and you can't send an adult to bed at 7pm. lol
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeHappens View Post
    OK, then he is fairly normal (in that regard anyway). He always talks about going somewhere but it ends up we just veg out and deal with the real word crap -- which is fine by me. As long as his feet are on US soil, no complaints from me.
    (It is MUCH harder for me trying to stay with the normal routine before he leaves.)

I have such admiration for you Navy girls when I read about the 2 year Japan deployments.

This return will be different though, as I will still be caring for my Dad. No siblings, so just me, no escape. Hard to enjoy the "private veg out" time with Doctor Who on the DVR when you aren't alone in the house and you can't send an adult to bed at 7pm. lol
    It's not a deployment, it's a PCS (permanent change of station). If the service member is married and of a certain rank they can bring their spouse with them to Japan (unaccompanied orders are typically 2 years while accompanied orders are typically 3 years). Other branches are stationed there as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast