Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to bring to Thanksgiving?

1. Senior Member

What to bring to Thanksgiving?

Advertisements
    We are heading to my DB's sister's (married, 2 kids) for Thanksgiving, we're arriving Thursday leaving Saturday, it's a 4 hour drive (I'm including that because it could affect what I bring as far as I don't want it to get mangled on the drive AND driving with 2 children we will likely have to make at least one potty stop along the way). They don't drink alcohol so a bottle of wine or something is out...any ideas for things that transport well? I was thinking a desert but we're also going to her in-laws on Thursday and she said there's tons of food so I don't know, maybe a plant or something? Any ideas much appreciated.
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMP1984 View Post
    We are heading to my DB's sister's (married, 2 kids) for Thanksgiving, we're arriving Thursday leaving Saturday, it's a 4 hour drive (I'm including that because it could affect what I bring as far as I don't want it to get mangled on the drive AND driving with 2 children we will likely have to make at least one potty stop along the way). They don't drink alcohol so a bottle of wine or something is out...any ideas for things that transport well? I was thinking a desert but we're also going to her in-laws on Thursday and she said there's tons of food so I don't know, maybe a plant or something? Any ideas much appreciated.
    I would ask her and fill in any gaps that they might need.

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Senior Member
    Are you asking what to bring to contribute to a menu or more of a hostess gift? Or both?
  4. Senior Member
    maybe some nice fall style flowers?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    Are you asking what to bring to contribute to a menu or more of a hostess gift? Or both?
    Leaning more toward the hostess' house - something for the 4 of them - as I was told the in-laws will have tons of food.
  6. Regular Member
    Is there some kind of specialty food item/treat that is unique to your local area that they might enjoy? There's a tiny shop near me that makes gourmet chocolates in-house- my go-to hostess gift (unless I know my hostess has a chocolate allergy or something) is a box of the assorted chocolates. They make a really beautiful presentation and it gives the recipient the option to either put them away for later after guests have gone or to put them out to share with everyone at the gathering.
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If they don't drink, maybe bring a bottle of sparkling grape juice? We always used to have that at Thanksgiving and Christmas when I was younger and it made me feel special to drink something fizzy out of a fancy glass, plus it tastes good!

For a hostess gift I really like the idea of something local to the area.
  8. Senior Member
    Oh I like that! That's a great idea!