Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy deployments over 220 days?

1. Senior Member

Navy deployments over 220 days?

Advertisements
    Has anyone dealt with deployments over 220 days? We heard there's possibility of pay bonus from days 220-365 but may require shorter R&R? Anyone have experience with this? From what I found online it's $16.50/day over the 220 which is under $2500 for a 365 day deployment which to me wouldn't be worth cutting a 14 day vacation down to a 9 day vacation....am I crazy or the only one who thinks that?
  2. Senior Member
    Have you been told that the deployment is going to be over 220 days? Even when DH was told it could be a 8 month deployment that was not a topic on our plates....
  3. Senior Member
    He's already left, his deployment is 365 overseas but the entire thing ends up being closer to 14 months with the before stuff stateside then Germany and a couple other debriefing things stateside when he gets back...
  4. Senior Member
    A quick google suggests the pay is HDP-T (Hazardous Duty Pay-Tempo) and it is paid at a rate of $16.50 per day with a maximum of $495.00 per month. I didn't see anything about the R&R implications. Your DH should ask his command, and ask them for the appropriate instruction so he can read it himself. Also, if this does apply, it's possible he won't be given a choice about the money or the R&R, so try to mentally prepare yourself for that, just in case.

Also, the training periods may not count. And just to clarify, this is categorized as an operational deployment, right? It looks like that's the only time the instruction applies.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    Yes he's 365 without the trainings/extras on either end, with that it's more like 14 months but I know those don't count toward anything like that...I didn't really consider that he might not get a choice lol although I obviously should have I guess, when he went to the yellow ribbon pre-deployment thing they had said if you're 365 boots on ground you get 2 weeks R&R which he will be so we just started to plan for that...it wasn't until he was in Virginia and one of the commanding officers mentioned the bonus pay for deployments over 220 days...I guess I'll just wait to find out...I knew going in once he's deployed anything can change, we talked to other people who were to be sent one place and ended up somewhere completely different because their orders changed after they were already deployed so I guess I just have to become more go with the flow...