Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Letters!!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Letters!!!

Advertisements
    My boyfriend joined the navy and just left for boot camp 2 days ago. Not being able to talk to him is already driving me crazy. I know he's going to be super super busy and overly exhausted, and I know it may take a while to receive a letter, which I totally understand. Just wondering when everyone else received their first letter?? Any advice on writing letters back? Or just any advice in general on this topic?
  2. Senior Member
    I met my husband when he was in A school, so I'm not 100%, but from what I have read here (I believe there is a bootcamp section of the forum where this has been addressed) about two weeks.

As with topics, I would keep it the same as when they are deployed, upbeat. He is being tried, mentally and physically, you want to encourage him, not make him worry or be down about stuff he has zero control over at the moment.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It'll probably be 2-3 weeks for you to start receiving letters. They can read every night, but they're only allowed to write on Sundays.

If you're not already, I would write him as much as you want and hang on to each until you get his address. And number them so if they come out of order he knows which order to read them.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Letters are always hard but at the same time amazing because it gives you a chance to get it all on paper and focus on the important stuff. In your circumstance I would write often because even if you don't get them right away I'm sure it would mean the world to him to hear from someone he loves. Words bring comfort and strength. Most of us have learned this with time and its only the beginning. When you look back in a year you will see how much the two of you have grown. Try to stay strong, its hard but possible and it will be so worth it in the end. Writing about the future is always something that brings hope and is something both sides will appreciate.
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrock View Post
    My boyfriend joined the navy and just left for boot camp 2 days ago. Not being able to talk to him is already driving me crazy. I know he's going to be super super busy and overly exhausted, and I know it may take a while to receive a letter, which I totally understand. Just wondering when everyone else received their first letter?? Any advice on writing letters back? Or just any advice in general on this topic?
    Boot camp is hard because there is not much he can do, as accommodating as he is, he might not be able to write. Send him letters! He will definitely receive those. They will get him through boot camp.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    I met my husband when he was in A school, so I'm not 100%, but from what I have read here (I believe there is a bootcamp section of the forum where this has been addressed) about two weeks.

As with topics, I would keep it the same as when they are deployed, upbeat. He is being tried, mentally and physically, you want to encourage him, not make him worry or be down about stuff he has zero control over at the moment.

This is something I struggle with knowing boundaries on. I know my boyfriend is going through a rough time in deployment, but as much as I am his foundation, he is mine. So when we talk, we both talk about issues we have going on and work through them together, but I always feel guilty having any issues because I know that he is having a much harder time than I am. When your husband has been deployed, did you not talk about the issues in your life with him?

I thought that talking about those things led to a stronger, resilient bond, but I also don't want to cause him undue stress when I should be able to handle everything on my own.