Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BAH questions

1. Regular Member

BAH questions

Advertisements
    I'm sure all of these have been asked a million times but I just had some specifics I wanted to clear up and also just hear what everyone else's experience was personally. How long was it from when you got all the paperwork, DEERS, and all those other technicalities done did you start receiving it? How long did it take your backpay (if you were owed any) to hit too? We got married mid August and S1 told him he should start getting it by Oct. 1st. I'm hoping that's actually the case because we've already found an off-post apartment we love and we're wanting to move asap. Any advice is appreciated.
  2. Senior Member
    It's different for everybody. It's been a long time so I don't remember exactly but I think we started getting it within a few paychecks when I married my ex husband, and I wanna say the backpay was around then too? It definitely didn't take super long because I moved out to Hawaii about a month after we got married and we had a lease 11 days later.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's different for everybody. It's been a long time so I don't remember exactly but I think we started getting it within a few paychecks when I married my ex husband, and I wanna say the backpay was around then too? It definitely didn't take super long because I moved out to Hawaii about a month after we got married and we had a lease 11 days later.
    Thanks! That's comforting to hear. Its taken us almost a month just to get the ball rolling so now I guess we're just playing the waiting game. I wish we could just apply for on post housing since from what I've heard the process is so much easier, but on this post if you're childless you save a lot more by renting or buying off post.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassycat View Post
    Thanks! That's comforting to hear. Its taken us almost a month just to get the ball rolling so now I guess we're just playing the waiting game. I wish we could just apply for on post housing since from what I've heard the process is so much easier, but on this post if you're childless you save a lot more by renting or buying off post.
    Yeah that was our experience in Hawaii too, I honestly have no idea why anybody chooses to live on base there when they don't need that much space.
  5. Regular Member
    Once we got all of the paperwork in it showed up on the second paycheck after. So we got all the paperwork in, DH got one more flat paycheck, and then the next paycheck was with BAH and the additional couple months of backpay.
  6. Senior Member
    For us it took two months to start getting BAH and a bit longer to receive the backpay. It's all over the place though. One to two months seems to be the average from what I've heard, but it can take longer.