Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Question about holding orders!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Question about holding orders!!

Advertisements
    Hey everyone! Okay so my mother in law informed me that she recieved a call about my husband. They told her he is being held on his military base and they took his phone and said she should go pick up his truck . And they said something along the lines of him being on a 48hr? I am so confused! And scared something is wrong ! They would not tell her why he is there or why we can't talk to him either . Does anyone have an idea what could be going on ? Does it sound like he is in trouble? I'm lost and a little worried . Thanks !!!
  2. Senior Member
    Why would she be getting a call and not you? Is he at boot? or what?
  3. Senior Member
    a 48 hour hold?
    I'm unfamiliar. I know, in Ohio, if someone is a threat to themselves, either attempts self harm or states doctors can place a 72 hour hold on someone, and depending on where they are/doctot's orders/the patient's wishes, there can be no contact.

I of course have no clue what your husband is being held for.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowmoon View Post
    Hey everyone! Okay so my mother in law informed me that she recieved a call about my husband. They told her he is being held on his military base and they took his phone and said she should go pick up his truck . And they said something along the lines of him being on a 48hr? I am so confused! And scared something is wrong ! They would not tell her why he is there or why we can't talk to him either . Does anyone have an idea what could be going on ? Does it sound like he is in trouble? I'm lost and a little worried . Thanks !!!
    Yes it does sound like he's in trouble.

I'm confused too about why they would call his parent instead of his wife. Why are you not living together? I wonder if he was arrested while driving his vehicle and that's why it needs to be picked up.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    Why would she be getting a call and not you? Is he at boot? or what?
    But then he wouldn't have his truck with him. Same goes for deployment and training (he'd be in a gov instead). So it sounds like he has to be at his duty station. Hmmm... but the original post as a whole doesn't make a lot of sense

6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Yes it does sound like he's in trouble.

I'm confused too about why they would call his parent instead of his wife. Why are you not living together? I wonder if he was arrested while driving his vehicle and that's why it needs to be picked up.
    I agree with idratherbehiking, was there any chance he was drinking and driving? I know its a sensitive topic and I apologize if Im being blunt. But even if he had just one drink, he would get in a large amount of trouble for driving. Also, they should have called you. Ill be sending good thoughts your way and I hope everything turns out alright!
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Okay sorry if it didn't make sense. He is at his permanent duty station in fort hood.And I am also unsure why they would call her also And not me. And yes we do live together. So I'm confused why I didn't receive a call also. And as for being a threat to himself or anyone i am positive that he would not harm himself or anyone! At least I hope that is not the case. I am just super worried and confused. Thanks for the responses everyone.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hmm I am sure he wasn't drinking ,my husband is not a drinker. He hasn't had a drink since we have been together so I am not sure. And it's okay it's not blunt trust me I have been going through every possible scenario but I can't think of anything he would do to get himself into Trouble. I guess I'll just play the waiting game till we find out what's going on. I just wish they would contact me about it but I'm just glad they even called his mom about it other wise I would have been worrying.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    But then he wouldn't have his truck with him. Same goes for deployment and training (he'd be in a gov instead). So it sounds like he has to be at his duty station. Hmmm... but the original post as a whole doesn't make a lot of sense
    I wasn't running on all full cylinders when I wrote this....opps

Do you know where your husband is? Have you seen him? I would be reaching out to command if you don't even know where he is. Does she have a facebook page or how opened are yours? I am wondering if its something else.....
  10. Moderator

Honestly, I would reach out to the FRO and see what the situation is. If you live together and you have no idea where he is, or why he's there, the FRO would be my first step.

I didn't necessary go right to drinking and driving, but I def thought some sort of driving offense. My husband has had guys speed on base, get stopped with no insurance on base, or one dude spaced out and drove through a secured gate by the flight line without stopping. The command took keys in those situations.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast