Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shoulder Injury

1. Regular Member

Shoulder Injury

Advertisements
    My DB has been doing physical therapy for his shoulder twice a week for the last few weeks. He tore a couple muscles in it and he just had an orthopedic check up. If the PT doesn't help in 6 weeks he has to have surgery.

I don't want to be doubtful about the PT, but he may have let the injury slide for a while. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? What should be expected for recovery and such?

He's on a profile right now and I'm not sure what they do for something like this, he's an AF mechanic.
  2. Senior Member
    Some injuries will just not heal unless they have surgery. I used to work on a surgical floor in a hospital and I never saw a patient come in who said they did PT and it helped... Shoulder surgery is pretty straight forward and should heal quickly (but that all depends on the person)
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    Some injuries will just not heal unless they have surgery. I used to work on a surgical floor in a hospital and I never saw a patient come in who said they did PT and it helped... Shoulder surgery is pretty straight forward and should heal quickly (but that all depends on the person)
    Okay as long as healing goes well. That's what I kind of thought, because how can a torn muscle repair itself with disconnected tissue. I'll remain positive for him but have a feeling surgery will come.
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveConquers View Post
    Okay as long as healing goes well. That's what I kind of thought, because how can a torn muscle repair itself with disconnected tissue. I'll remain positive for him but have a feeling surgery will come.
    A torn muscle definitely does not mean surgery. If he takes care of his body and does PT correctly he can absolutely recover.

life's a party, rock your body