Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wives only pages..just curious

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Wives only pages..just curious

Advertisements
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if it's typical for wives of a specif ship to have their own social media pages (facebook)? I've tried to search for my DH's ship (wives) page but nothing, only found pages on Facebook for our duty station.
  2. Senior Member
    It's probably a secret group. I had to add the FRO as a friend om facebook and then she added me to the squadron's secret page.

3. Senior Member
    It is pretty common. It is *not* common to call it "wives" though, as the military has moved toward being much more inclusive, so it is usually "spouses" or something else. You might have better luck with that. But yes, it's also very possible the group is secret, for privacy and safety reasons. Your DH should be able to ask the ombudsman for info.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    It's probably a secret group. I had to add the FRO as a friend om facebook and then she added me to the squadron's secret page.
    Thank you!
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    It is pretty common. It is *not* common to call it "wives" though, as the military has moved toward being much more inclusive, so it is usually "spouses" or something else. You might have better luck with that. But yes, it's also very possible the group is secret, for privacy and safety reasons. Your DH should be able to ask the ombudsman for info.
    Thank you for the information, I've found the FB pages for Navy Wives but not the ship, will have to ask my husband.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ours was secret; you had to be friends with someone who was a member and they could add you to the "wives" page. For the FRG page I for our ship you had to actually spell out Family Readiness Group and the name of the ship or it didn't pop up. For that one my husband had to send an email saying he was ok with me joining essentially.