Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sip and See

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Sip and See

Advertisements
    Has anyone planned/had a Sip and See type party back in your home state after the baby was born? My mom and I were talking about doing one in NH but my parents don't live there anymore so we will probably end up doing it at a clubhouse where someone else lives.

How would you do food/decorations/beverages etc? I'll probably just be flying in for a few days so buying everything after I get there I guess would be doable but maybe hard with a baby? I'm debating buying smaller decorations down here (FL) and mailing them to my aunt or grandmother or something so that they are already there when we arrive.

This probably all seems like silly questions lol but literally all that is left in NH is extended family as I have been gone for almost 10 years and honestly I just don't feel close enough with them to ask them to plan/ organize for me so I feel like I have to somehow do it all myself from FL.
  2. Senior Member
    I threw my son's 1st birthday party at my parents house vs my house since it was 3 hours away people could drink and not have to go back home if they didn't want to.

I amazon primed all our decorations and stuff and just had it sent to my parents. While I have never heard of a sip and see but that is an idea to just maybe amazon it to mom's current house or someone who can help.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    I threw my son's 1st birthday party at my parents house vs my house since it was 3 hours away people could drink and not have to go back home if they didn't want to.

I amazon primed all our decorations and stuff and just had it sent to my parents. While I have never heard of a sip and see but that is an idea to just maybe amazon it to mom's current house or someone who can help.
    Basically I just want my extended family and grandparents to meet my baby and having a party to let it happen lol. None of my grandparents are in very good health so they'll never make it here to visit.

I'm thinking I'll send stuff to my aunt or something since my parents are in Florida too so they are probably going to be flying up with me.