Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Property Manager Help!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Property Manager Help!

Advertisements
    I'm looking at renting this really cute, perfect seeming house when I move to Ga next month. I started researching the property manager it's listed under and I can find almost no information on it. I found the record of registration with the state and I can view the articles of incorporation, name of the CEO/CFO (both have same last name), and a cell number that I texted and someone replied to. That's literally it. There's no website, no fb, no reviews on Yelp or BBB. I can't find anything about the people either. Should I be concerned? Is there any way to verify that it's not a scam?

I Eelizah
  2. Senior Member
    Can you look up the owner of the property? If you could somehow find that information and contact the owner you could ask if they are renting the property through the property management company.
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    It could be a one-off type deal where maybe it's some friends managing the property for the owner. As PP said, you should be able to look up the owners through a real tax search of the address through the County. You could also ask the PM what their relationship to the owner is, how many other properties they're managing, etc. Regardless, do not give any money whatsoever before you physically see the house and sign paperwork. That's how scams happen.
    ~Becca~

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I found the names of the people, but I couldn't find any record of them either. Not on fb, linked in, or general google search.

I Eelizah
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    It could be a one-off type deal where maybe it's some friends managing the property for the owner. As PP said, you should be able to look up the owners through a real tax search of the address through the County. You could also ask the PM what their relationship to the owner is, how many other properties they're managing, etc. Regardless, do not give any money whatsoever before you physically see the house and sign paperwork. That's how scams happen.
    We are currently renting through a couple who technically has a management company for the 2-3 houses they own, and since they're older and mostly rent to current residents of the county (i.e. friends/family/church members), they've never bothered to get a website or get on Facebook or anything like that. They're been great to us. They should always have a lease that you can review, numbers on what properties they manage, they should be able to tell you where that lease paperwork came from (did they use an attorney that you look up online or did they just copy paste off a website, etc.). And always require a property walk-through before you sign any lease.

I often have to look up homeowners of properties for work. Beacon Schneider is a good place to start, it covers a few different states and is free.
  6. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Are you going to a more rural area? I know in my rural areas it would be very common to not find any more information than what you have found.

Also, I echo Brahette's advice, see the place first. Photos can be deceiving.