Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AF Wife 1st PCS-Shipping vehicle

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New AF Wife 1st PCS-Shipping vehicle

Advertisements
    Hello everyone! I am very new to being a military spouse and my husband has an upcoming PCS. Since he's coming from overseas his vehicle will be shipped to our new location, however we will have to have mine shipped from PA(where I currently live) to Louisiana. So, I have been looking at different companies to transport my car and there are so many to choose from and so many with horrific reviews. Any recommendations? Thank you so much.
  2. Senior Member
    If you are currently in PA than you would drive your car to LA. The car coming from overseas would be the only vehicle allowed to be shipped and paid by the military. Your's would be on your dime.
  3. Senior Member
    I would drive it. Shipping companies for cars are notoriously expensive and my friend had her car damanged (cosmetic but still) en route. Shipping the car will be out of your pocket, so I would just drive if that is an option.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    agree with others. Shipping a car is on your own dime, military will not ship CONUS. You run the risk of damage, and the expense. It would be easier and cheaper to drive.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you for replying. We already have separate flights to LA scheduled so I wanted to avoid having to cancel the arrangements he already made. Thank you for the advice.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AfWifeAya View Post
    Thank you for replying. We already have separate flights to LA scheduled so I wanted to avoid having to cancel the arrangements he already made. Thank you for the advice.
    So at that rate you can "cancel" the flight for yourself which depending on the airline you can use at a later time. Or you just play eeny menu many moe on what company you use and pay out of your pockets to have your car shipped. Its never comfortable with shipping a car. We shipped a BMW M3 from cali to FL one time and no matter what we ended up with damage. I would reach out to your insurance company and what they will cover if there is any issues while they transport the car.
  7. Senior Member
    I know I'm late to this party but I will agree with what everyone else says ... Drive it! I have never had a car shipped but have had lots of friends who have and it's never ended well
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Did the military book the flight or did he book them on his own dime?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would just check the reviews and see what you want.

With that said, the Military will not ship your car. It will be on your own dime. I would go for the best deal that I could. I personally wouldn't be flying to a new duty station and wouldn't want to have my car shipped. That is just my opinion and experience.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Senior Member
    I would just drive it... ROAD TRIP! :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast