Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He went to the hospital and I don't know anything

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

He went to the hospital and I don't know anything

Advertisements
    Hi all,

My DB went to bootcamp about a week ago. After an emergency he went to the naval hospital and will be there for 3-4 weeks to process his medical discharge. I was only able to get so much information but I am shocked and scared and sad and confused. I have so many questions I was hoping some of you guys might know the answers to. Can he have visitors while he is there? If so how do I find out more information on how and when to visit him? I'll be gone for college by the time he comes home so I want to try and see him while he's there to be there for him and to see home before I have to go as I know he's not feeling good about all of this. How long will it be until he can write me? And how do I deal with not being able to talk to him while knowing he isn't okay and is upset? Ugh I'm so confused and scared. Any help is much appreciated
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Navy might be different, but in the AF if you go to a medical flight to process for a discharge you're still treated as if you're in boot camp. By that I mean you can't leave, can't have visitors, can't have your cell phone, etc. He should be able to contact his emergency contact (probably a parent) to let them know what's going on, but beyond that he will probably remain in a medical hold until it's time to leave. Him being able to write it going to depend on what's going on and how much free time he has, and how able to he is actually mail out those letters. Is he certain he's going to be discharged? If he, for example, broke an ankle he might be required to remain in a medical hold facility at boot camp until he heals and can return to finish his training.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    No he's definitely discharging. His parents said he can call them three times a week and write letters
  4. Moderator

He's not going to be able to have visitors. He should still be treated as though he is in boot camp, just held in a different division.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie13 View Post
    No he's definitely discharging. His parents said he can call them three times a week and write letters
    Then you should be able to write him too. Is there a reason he can't use one of his allowed calls to call you?
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    He was put on medical and will be discharged for severe anxiety and depression
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'm not sure if he can or can't. Hopefully he can!
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Hmm okay. Does he still have to go through the training or everything for the next few weeks? Or is he just there without contact until he can leave?
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie13 View Post
    Hmm okay. Does he still have to go through the training or everything for the next few weeks? Or is he just there without contact until he can leave?
    I find this to be a strange thing to be discharged over unless there is more to the story. He shouldn't be in training during his remaining time. He should be in a separate division for those in the process of being medically discharged. Other than the three phone calls a week to his parents, his communication should not change. Boot camp rules - same as you've been dealing with since he left.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Okay thank you. Basically what I know is he was suffering anxiety and depression and they took him for a psych eval and diagnosed him and determined a medical discharge is best
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast