Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Navy Girlfriend - Already Miss Him

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused New Navy Girlfriend - Already Miss Him

Advertisements
    Hi all,

I'm sure you have all read posts exactly like this far too many times, but here I go LOL

My boyfriend and I have been together for the majority of high school. He left for basic training less than 24 hours ago and I'm already finding myself missing him like crazy. The last 3.5 years we have lived ten minutes apart, talked every day, and seen each other almost every day as well. Being cut off outside of letters for so long seems really intimidating.

As of now, my plan is to stay busy by working a lot, getting ready for college, hanging out with my best friend, reading, etc. I also hope to write him as much as I can because I feel like what I'll miss most is just talking about my day to him and vice versa. Outside of keeping super busy, however, does anyone have any tips on getting through it? When he left today it was so hard to say goodbye and as I said, 8 weeks seems pretty darn intimidating. Any advice on getting through it? Dealing with missing him? Making the time seem faster?

Thank you so much in advance
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Welcome to the forum! Like you said, keeping busy is going to help, but at the end of the day, you miss having him there to share your day. As contrite as it sounds, start a journal that you write in every night, telling what all happened that day. It can seem mundane to us, but where they are and what they're going through, when you give it to him at the end of basic training, it can mean the world. I'm sure others will have better ideas, but I'm sleep deprived and out of ideas. I hope you find the support you're looking for here!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Regular Member
    Welcome! My boyfriend left for boot camp 3 weeks ago and it was the hardest thing in the world for me so I know how you're feeling. You have the right idea keeping busy! You may not have his address right now but you can still start writing to him! You can still tell him about you day in the letters. That's what I do and for me it really helps. When I miss my BF I like to look at old pictures and videos but I know that makes some people more sad.
    As far as the time, I promise you it will fly by especially once you start college! 8 weeks seems scary but you just have to take it day by day, week by week. This site is really amazing support and asking any questions you have. Hope this helps!
  4. Regular Member
    hello my boyfriend leaves in sept if you need a friend let me know
  5. Regular Member
    Hello Dear. I know it does seem always hard to just cut off verbal communication and now going old school to letters but one thing I'll tell you is writing letters back in fourth makes you guys so much stronger. It is absolutely a way of being able to jot down your thoughts and you have the time to really think about what you have to say instead of a fast text or talking on the phone. The best part is you can keep all his letters that he sends you for memories. Keep your self busy and I swear to you it will FLY by. The best part is reuniting. You'll be so happy it will almost feel like your face with break haha but like I said keep busy and do things you enjoy and just think positive of how happy you'll be after these 8 weeks. On the bright side time has been flying by.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Like you said, keeping busy is going to help, but at the end of the day, you miss having him there to share your day. As contrite as it sounds, start a journal that you write in every night, telling what all happened that day. It can seem mundane to us, but where they are and what they're going through, when you give it to him at the end of basic training, it can mean the world. I'm sure others will have better ideas, but I'm sleep deprived and out of ideas. I hope you find the support you're looking for here!
    Thank you so much, I think I will definitely start a journal just to get down my thoughts to him
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyGirl712 View Post
    Welcome! My boyfriend left for boot camp 3 weeks ago and it was the hardest thing in the world for me so I know how you're feeling. You have the right idea keeping busy! You may not have his address right now but you can still start writing to him! You can still tell him about you day in the letters. That's what I do and for me it really helps. When I miss my BF I like to look at old pictures and videos but I know that makes some people more sad.
    As far as the time, I promise you it will fly by especially once you start college! 8 weeks seems scary but you just have to take it day by day, week by week. This site is really amazing support and asking any questions you have. Hope this helps!
    After work today I already plan on buying stamps. Haha. I have some really sucky moments but I am hoping they get fewer and farther between.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyGirl712 View Post
    After work today I already plan on buying stamps. Haha. I have some really sucky moments but I am hoping they get fewer and farther between.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by allyforte View Post
    hello my boyfriend leaves in sept if you need a friend let me know
    I could definitely use as many of those as I can get lol. Thank you.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahnace View Post
    Hello Dear. I know it does seem always hard to just cut off verbal communication and now going old school to letters but one thing I'll tell you is writing letters back in fourth makes you guys so much stronger. It is absolutely a way of being able to jot down your thoughts and you have the time to really think about what you have to say instead of a fast text or talking on the phone. The best part is you can keep all his letters that he sends you for memories. Keep your self busy and I swear to you it will FLY by. The best part is reuniting. You'll be so happy it will almost feel like your face with break haha but like I said keep busy and do things you enjoy and just think positive of how happy you'll be after these 8 weeks. On the bright side time has been flying by.
    That definitely seems to be the case with anyone else I have talked to who has been through it. I'm hoping these 8 weeks will make a LDR seem a bit easier than it does to most.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast