Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: What do you think of silicone wedding rings?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like them

10 55.56%
  • I don't like them

6 33.33%
  • Other (please explain)

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silicone Wedding Bands

1. Senior Member

Silicone Wedding Bands

Advertisements
    What does everyone think of Qalo or silicone rings? I've been noticing them a lot lately and I wanted to hear your thoughts.

I'm in sports and I work with my hands. Normally I wear a plain wedding band when I'm doing physical stuff, but it's been in the 100s here and the heat causes my hands to swell. The silicone rings sound like a good idea but I'm worried they look cheap.

Do y'all think they look cheap or cute?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DH and I both have a few in different colors and wear them often. He wears his on under ways since he does have to do some maintenance and I wear mine anytime I'm working out or outdoors so I don't lose or destroy my rings. I hardly notice when I'm wearing one and I like that they come in so many colors. my favorites are my pearl white and purple sparkles, but I also have bright pink, navy blue, and a sparkly orange. Definitely a smart investment IMO and Qalo has sales often. I wouldn't wear one as a permanently unless my rings were constantly at risk though
  3. Senior Member
    I think they're common enough now that they don't look weird or cheap anymore and I think they're an awesome idea! I like the qalo ones the most, they have the best colors imo.

I think it's horrifically tacky when people wear them alongside their real jewelry though. I've seen women post pictures on weddingbee with like a hot pink silicone ring and then a diamond engagement ring on top of it. I feel like that's missing the point I mean if someone likes that look I guess more power to them but it looks silly to me.
  4. Senior Member
    I wouldn't wear one all the time, but I definitely think they're a great idea for people working with their hands or getting messy. I've been considering getting one for DH since his wedding band scratches pretty easily.
  5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    I considered getting one (I work with my hands and am required to scrub up far too many times a day) but my brother Pichi offered to make my wedding ring. He's a goldsmith/silversmith, and making the rings for us was his idea of a wedding gift.

I couldn't bring myself to say no. Normally I just take it off when I work.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  6. Moderator

I have hated them fooorrrrreeever.

Then DH went recruiting and gained some weight and bought one. . He also bought me one, at the same time, to be nice. I wear it on my right hand since I'm massively attached to my wedding set. I love it way more than I ever thought I would. We each have Qalo. I really like how his black one looks on him and love the bright pink for me.
  7. Senior Member
    I love them. When I was a firefighter I worried about ring avulsions. This is partly why they became popular, but I would not suggest googling ring avulsions.
    As a medic I wanted something I could clean WELL quickly.
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I have some. I find them uncomfortable in the heat though. I just don't wear a ring now
  9. Senior Member
    I got one for DH before he left for basic. Good thing too cause when he lost weight his ring size shrunk and he lost the silicone ring. We both would have been a little upset at him losing his actual wedding band if he wore it. I ordered from saferingz.com and they sent me a free one for him being military. But I don't find them tacky/ugly.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    DH and I both have a few in different colors and wear them often. He wears his on under ways since he does have to do some maintenance and I wear mine anytime I'm working out or outdoors so I don't lose or destroy my rings. I hardly notice when I'm wearing one and I like that they come in so many colors. my favorites are my pearl white and purple sparkles, but I also have bright pink, navy blue, and a sparkly orange. Definitely a smart investment IMO and Qalo has sales often. I wouldn't wear one as a permanently unless my rings were constantly at risk though
    I've already lost 2 diamonds in my nice set that I've only had 1.5 years even though I have to get it inspected every 6 months. And that's with light wear. It's super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think they're common enough now that they don't look weird or cheap anymore and I think they're an awesome idea! I like the qalo ones the most, they have the best colors imo.

I think it's horrifically tacky when people wear them alongside their real jewelry though. I've seen women post pictures on weddingbee with like a hot pink silicone ring and then a diamond engagement ring on top of it. I feel like that's missing the point I mean if someone likes that look I guess more power to them but it looks silly to me.
    Yasss I've seen that too! Here's a $5,000 diamond ring paired with a cheap piece of rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    I love them. When I was a firefighter I worried about ring avulsions. This is partly why they became popular, but I would not suggest googling ring avulsions.
    As a medic I wanted something I could clean WELL quickly.
    ...aannndd i googled it.
    I've been trying to convince DH to get a silicone ring since he's a mechanic but he doesn't like them . I think the black ones look cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I have some. I find them uncomfortable in the heat though. I just don't wear a ring now
    That's what I used to do (I was never a jewelry person). However, even though he didn't make a big deal about it, I think it bothered DH that I didn't wear a ring. So I switched to a plain ring that no longer fits comfortably because of this nasty humid heat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast