Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: really anxious

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

really anxious

Advertisements
    Hi everyone.
    I'm sure there've been many in my shoes and I'm looking for advice or maybe just a place to vent.

My husband's prior service and decided to reenlist. I'm super thankful for the opportunities the army will give him and our family, but I can't help but be apprehensive. From what I remember, a lot of the army is hurry up and wait lol.

He's going to AIT in a couple months and I'm feeling really anxious. We've built a life together outside of the military. We moved to a new place and started over after he got out. He's currently law enforcement and we have 2 toddlers. I feel a bit defeated and I feel like I'm in some sort of limbo... like our lives have been put on hold. I have no family where we live and will have to move back home with the kids while he goes to training. Training is approx 5 months. So that's 6 months before we can start over again. And there's so many things that could happen in the meantime. You never know with the army since what they say goes, you know?

I'm used to the long days and nights without him, but at least he always finds a way to come home even for a few hours. I can't even begin to think about the coming time apart let alone if there's another deployment in the future (he's been to Afghanistan and Iraq when we were dating).

I'm just sad and angry, but I don't want to be sad and angry at him because he feels this is the right direction for all of us. And my anxiety is at an all time high because when it comes to moving and stuff, I like to have a plan. I like to research the area and look for the best places to eat, to shop, to take my kids to play, where they could go to school, etc. We have absolutely no plan since he won't know his duty station until after AIT.

I don't know what kind of advice I'm looking for. I guess maybe someone to commiserate with? LOL apologies for my scattered, long post!!
  2. Senior Member
    oh my god I'm with you!!!
    dh is trying to go active duty again, he is navy. there is a spot he's trying to get a waiver for if he can (his career counselor isn't returning calls this week), but if all else fails there will be more availabilities in October, or he will cross rate.
    I'm a type A when it comes to planning, I can look at naval bases, I can look at housing, but we have no idea where we will be come January. we just had our 4th baby. I'm more excited to get out of Ohio and worried something won't work out.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yesss I'm right there with you!

I feel like I am excited for this change, but that's what makes it scary... The chance we could all be disappointed because it doesn't work out as planned!