Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mail Worries Again

1. Regular Member

Mail Worries Again

Advertisements
    I know this is my second post of mail but I just don't wanna screw anything up. DB's mom sent me his address this morning. I already addressed the envelopes, put the stamps on, and sealed them. I just haven't put them in the mailbox. The address we were given was from his recruiter. His parents still haven't gotten the packet. It seems right to me but I'm still worried bc of what I've read online (I don't know if that stuff is updated or trustworthy though). How exact do things have to be? I obviously know it has to be sent to the right ship. Please help! I don't want to mess up and him not get my letters!
  2. Senior Member
    How long ago did he leave? Usually it takes up to 1 1/2 weeks to get the packet and 2-3 weeks to get letters from him.

It has been so long since DH was at boot camp that I can't remember if I used the address the recruiter gave me or the one from the packet, but I remember the packet arriving quickly.

When my friend was at basic about a month ago the address her mom gave me was slightly different than how my friend was addressing her letters to me. I addressed them both ways and they still got to her.

3. Regular Member
    He's been gone for a little over a week. The address the recruiter gave us has DB's name as his First then Last and didn't have SR in front of it (I don't if that's a big deal or not)
  4. Senior Member
    What I was told was as long as it gets to the correct base/ship and has his name on it, he'll get it. It may take a little longer if the address is a little wrong, but as long as it gets to the correct place with his name on it, he'll get it. Or, it'll be sent back to you.

Also, some bases have the address for basic/boot on their website. It did for the base my husband went to. Try looking on the base website, that may help. Or, most bases have Facebook pages for basic/boot. Try looking it up for the base he's at and see if someone on there can help.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    What I was told was as long as it gets to the correct base/ship and has his name on it, he'll get it. It may take a little longer if the address is a little wrong, but as long as it gets to the correct place with his name on it, he'll get it. Or, it'll be sent back to you.

Also, some bases have the address for basic/boot on their website. It did for the base my husband went to. Try looking on the base website, that may help. Or, most bases have Facebook pages for basic/boot. Try looking it up for the base he's at and see if someone on there can help.
    It has all of that it just doesn't have a division which I don't know if I should worry about.