Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Please give me some advice

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Please give me some advice

Advertisements
    My fiance left for Basic 2 days ago. Im leaving in a week. My question is, will we be abe to pick up where we left off? Will we even recognize eachother? I've been an emotional wreck because i love her more than anything and i want to know if everything will be okay. Will i still love her, will she still love me? How can we stay and grow together?
  2. Senior Member
    Will you still love her....well only you can answer that. There will be changes between the both of you but its all based on are you both willing to learn who each other area again, still find the qualities of why you are together and all.

Even couples who are together and don't do separations deal with major life changes too sometimes and it changes people. I mean several years ago my husband and I used to love playing games in the evening. Now we are so tired (2 young kids and back in the fleet) we don't really do much. Turn the tv on watch a show and go to bed. Right now it frustrates me cause I want to go back to a few things that helped connect us but we are both so tired. Doesn't mean I still won't be fighting to be with him.

Why not wait to worry about this till you get to that point vs worrying now....or at least if you are willing to make it through this than fight than. If you don't think you can do this might as well get out now. No I am not trying to be cruel but you do what you need to do in the long run. If you are willing to be there and do this than DO IT!!!!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugusu View Post
    My fiance left for Basic 2 days ago. Im leaving in a week. My question is, will we be abe to pick up where we left off? Will we even recognize eachother? I've been an emotional wreck because i love her more than anything and i want to know if everything will be okay. Will i still love her, will she still love me? How can we stay and grow together?
    This is super cliche but only time will tell.
    I don't think people completely change after boot camp, but they do experience a lot of personal growth. My husband came out of boot camp stronger, prouder, and more driven. Don't be surprised if she's a bit awkward when you first see her. That's how my husband and my friend were when I went to their graduations. But after being yelled at for months that's to be expected.

When do you plan on getting married? Your profile says you're 18 and you're both going to grow and change immensely until around your mid 20s (not that you stop growing then). Like I said, only time will tell if you will be able to grow with each other.