Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mail Help

1. Regular Member

Mail Help

Advertisements
    This might sound like a dumb question. I'm waiting to get my boyfriend's boot camp address but I've been writing him a letter everyday since he left. It really helps me and I want him to be able to have something from me to read every night. My question is would it be easier to put multiple days of letters in one envelope so it's not an over whelming amount when I do get to send them? Or should I just put each day in an individual envelope? I know Navy mail is slow so he may not get them all at once. Thank you!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Since you're writing before you can send I'd put them all in one envelope at first, then send them one by one. Make sure to number them so he knows the order to read them, and don't be upset if he doesn't reply to everything. Letter time is extremely limited.
  3. Regular Member
    Thanks!
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    When my husband was in bootcamp I wrote every day! The first letter I sent out after I got his address contained everything I had written up until that point. After I had his address I still wrote every day but would send out each batch after every 3 or 4 days.
  5. Regular Member
    I wrote to DH everyday and would put 2-4 days of letters in an envelope at a time. We talked about the letters after boot camp and he said that each of the time that he got them it made his day and he was so happy. The days that he didn't get them, he was really disappointed, but would read the old ones over again.

If I were to do it over again, I would send everything that I had written before I got the address in one envelope, then try to send a letter everyday to make sure that he gets as many mail days as possible.
  6. Regular Member
    I am writing him everyday! I'm still waiting to get his address though. I've already written 8 letters and made a set of Open When letters! I've put 4 letters in each envelope. Then there's all 6 OW letters. I feel like it'll take forever for him to read everything but I can't stand thinking about him not having something to read from me everyday!
  7. Senior Member
    I sent out a separate letter every day because I wanted him to have a lot of mail days, but he said they'd ended up together somewhere along the way so he'd get 3 or 4 at a time. Write often, DH said he looked forward to getting them and they kept him motivated. You can also send small photos, I probably sent about 12, but he was always asking for more.

DH and I still have the letters we wrote to each other. I have a shadowbox with all the roses he gave me, dried and preserved and I keep the letters in it also
  8. Regular Member
    I just finally got DB address today. I think I'm gonna send what I've written so far and maybe space them out. I don't want him to get overwhelmed by mail from all of us. Nor do I want him to have to do a bunch of push-ups or anything. I plan to send him pictures when I'm able to get some printed out. And I like that idea of a shadow box that's cute!