Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Calls from soldier

1. G05
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Calls from soldier

Advertisements
    So my soldier was able to call over the 4th of July. Now I'm wondering how many times and when will he be able to? He's in his 4th week of training at basic.
  2. Senior Member
    I never expected calls from SO when he was in training. They were far apart from each other and at very random and odd times or dates. There is no right answer to this, it all depends on his Drill Sergeants and what they are doing in their training.
  3. Senior Member
    There's no solid answer. In my experience Sundays were more likely, but there is no schedule of when they will get to call home so I wouldn't expect any.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I agree with the above 2 people... it's best not to expect phone calls because a lot of things can happen. some platoons in my DH battery would get their privileges taken away. I typically got a phone call every time they completed a phase of their basic training.. Saturday or Sunday . It depends on the DS and on their performance as a cohesive group . It definitely varies, I've heard of some people getting phone calls every Sunday, anf some people only once throughout training. Not much you can do except keep up the writing
  5. Senior Member
    Yeah don't expect calls. When my husband did call, it was on Sundays. If he was injured he may be allowed to call. If he needs something ASAP he may be able to call. But it all depends on several things. DS and performance(one person can screw it up for everyone) are the two biggest factors.
  6. d12
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    Ditto to what everyone else has said: don't expect calls. DB was able to call 3 times during his entire time at basic.
  7. Regular Member
    You are lucky that you are receiving calls from him. I remember when my friend was in training last year, so he cants call to his family for months.