Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused I don't know what to do

Advertisements
    So my boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me the day before he graduated from basic training (which was on the 14th of this month). He said didn't have time for a relationship and he needed to focus on his career. Plus with him being moved around for more training he didn't know where he was going to end up and didn't want to be a burden for me (he's in Alberta now, while I'm in Ontario)... We still talk fairly often even after the break up.

So this morning scrolling through Facebook he posted one of those life events and it said he was in a relationship with another girl; a girl from his platoon. It shocked me.

I honestly don't know how to handle the situation... He said he was busy and didn't have a time for a relationship and now he's with another girl...? He's with another girl just 2 weeks after breaking up with me...? He still talks to me as if nothing happened to us... I don't know if they have been seeing each other while him and I were together or what's going on...

I haven't talked to him today and I'm afraid if I bring up his new girlfriend he'll get mad.

Maybe I'm just jealous or something but 2 weeks seems awfully quick to get into another relationship...

I just don't know what to do.
  2. Senior Member
    I'd bet money that he cheated and not having time for you was just the excuse he gave you.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm guessing that he was already seeing her when you two were together. Consider yourself lucky! Bullet dodged!
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd bet money that he cheated and not having time for you was just the excuse he gave you.
    I've thought about that being the case...

I just don't understand why he keeps me close still, we still talk like nothing happened. There isn't any bad blood between us. He's probably just keeping me close in case something goes wrong with her and he needs someone else... I don't even know at this point. I'm questioning everything that's happened in the past 3 months.

I told him I would be there for him and support him and everything and I feel like he's taking full advantage of that...

Looks like I went from the main girl to the side chick...
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I'm guessing that he was already seeing her when you two were together. Consider yourself lucky! Bullet dodged!
    He mentioned her when we were together. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he said they were just friends... Guess I should have gone with my gut
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post

Honestly, I'd say move on. Regardless of the situation, he doesn't seem like a trustworthy person. I wouldn't want this person in my life at all. There are better men out there, much better.
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Walk away.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Senior Member
    Yeah I'd cut him off tbh. He's shown you how little regard he has for you. Six months is nothing in the grand scheme of things and you don't need to continue supporting someone who treats you badly just because he's in the military. He's a jerk who doesn't deserve your time or attention.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Walk away.
    Yeah I'd cut him off tbh. He's shown you how little regard he has for you. Six months is nothing in the grand scheme of things and you don't need to continue supporting someone who treats you badly just because he's in the military. He's a jerk who doesn't deserve your time or attention.
    I don't think I'm going to happy unless I do cut him off.

I just feel so used.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Straygirl View Post
    So my boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me the day before he graduated from basic training (which was on the 14th of this month). He said didn't have time for a relationship and he needed to focus on his career. Plus with him being moved around for more training he didn't know where he was going to end up and didn't want to be a burden for me (he's in Alberta now, while I'm in Ontario)... We still talk fairly often even after the break up.

So this morning scrolling through Facebook he posted one of those life events and it said he was in a relationship with another girl; a girl from his platoon. It shocked me.

I honestly don't know how to handle the situation... He said he was busy and didn't have a time for a relationship and now he's with another girl...? He's with another girl just 2 weeks after breaking up with me...? He still talks to me as if nothing happened to us... I don't know if they have been seeing each other while him and I were together or what's going on...

I haven't talked to him today and I'm afraid if I bring up his new girlfriend he'll get mad.

Maybe I'm just jealous or something but 2 weeks seems awfully quick to get into another relationship...

I just don't know what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straygirl View Post
    I've thought about that being the case...

I just don't understand why he keeps me close still, we still talk like nothing happened. There isn't any bad blood between us. He's probably just keeping me close in case something goes wrong with her and he needs someone else... I don't even know at this point. I'm questioning everything that's happened in the past 3 months.

I told him I would be there for him and support him and everything and I feel like he's taking full advantage of that...

Looks like I went from the main girl to the side chick...
    It seems like you already know what he's up to.
    If he didn't outright cheat on you, he was probably emotionally cheating on you with her. If it were me, I'd be so pissed off that he did that to me that I wouldn't care if bringing it up made him mad or not. Honestly I'd just walk away. A break up because of distance is understandable, but it sounds like he dumped you for another woman. I'm so sorry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast