Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I miss him so much

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

I miss him so much

Advertisements
    This is my very first deployment with my boyfriend, and I am only on day three. I haven't been able to do much without crying and completely breaking down. He is absolutely the love of my life and I want to marry him one day, but I don't know how to adjust without him, he is my best friend and he has done a decent job od communicating daily but I don't know how I will make it through this time. I'm a teacher so we are out of school for summer break, I workout in the mornings, but outside of that I mope.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Find something to occupy your time. Find a new hobby, take trips, spend time with your friends and family. If you sit around and mope all day you're going to be miserable. The military will provide you with plenty of opportunity to be by yourself, you have to learn how to best handle it.
  3. Senior Member
    Agreed^^^ Take up a new hobby. Do something you've always wanted to do but never had the time to. Day trips. Reconnect with family or friends you haven't seen in awhile. You said you're a teacher, so is there anything you can do to start preparing for next school year? Its ok to be sad, but you can't be said 100% of the time. It's not good.
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Find something to occupy your time. Find a new hobby, take trips, spend time with your friends and family. If you sit around and mope all day you're going to be miserable. The military will provide you with plenty of opportunity to be by yourself, you have to learn how to best handle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Agreed^^^ Take up a new hobby. Do something you've always wanted to do but never had the time to. Day trips. Reconnect with family or friends you haven't seen in awhile. You said you're a teacher, so is there anything you can do to start preparing for next school year? Its ok to be sad, but you can't be said 100% of the time. It's not good.
    You just need to find something to occupy your time. Like EL said, the military will give you plenty of alone time, you need to find some way to fill that time.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Senior Member
    As everyone else has said you have to stay busy. Look at this time as an opportunity to do something for yourself. Learn something new, try a new hobby, commit to a new diet, set a goal for something you want to achieve by the time the deployment is over. When it is over you can look back and see that the time as not wasted. Sitting around moping all the time is just gonna make it worse. Remember, others have done this and you can as well.

That being said it's ok to have good times and bad times. Recognize that it's gonna happen and that makes it easier to adjust.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I dated a marine once while he was deployed to Iraq. I worked two jobs just to keep myself busy and it was still hard. We will be married 10 years in January. If you love him it will work. Good luck 😉
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post

You have to give yourself a few days to be sad and sulk. But then keep yourself busy! Take this time to work on yourself, cook new things. It will hwlp pass the time.

"She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."