Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Visiting my DB

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Visiting my DB

Advertisements
    My DB just got out of AIT and will soon be getting stationed in Washington. At first he had plans to fly back to our hometown to get his truck and I was going to ride with him to Washington then fly back to Florida. Now he is saying he doesn't want me spending any money on him since I am having to move back in with my parents because my car is totaled. That was my third accident in three years so my insurance dropped me. He's saying I can not come and see him because my biggest priority should be moving back out even though I can't do that until I can drive again which will hopefully be in two years. I'm not sure what to do because I can't go that long without seeing him when I have the opportunity to.
  2. Senior Member
    Dont take this the wrong way, but is there more to this story or something else going? I feel that if you have two years before you can move anywhere (for whatever reason) you have quite some time to save money and spending a few hundred dollars to go see him is pocket change if you look at the whole picture.
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayshep1220 View Post
    My DB just got out of AIT and will soon be getting stationed in Washington. At first he had plans to fly back to our hometown to get his truck and I was going to ride with him to Washington then fly back to Florida. Now he is saying he doesn't want me spending any money on him since I am having to move back in with my parents because my car is totaled. That was my third accident in three years so my insurance dropped me. He's saying I can not come and see him because my biggest priority should be moving back out even though I can't do that until I can drive again which will hopefully be in two years. I'm not sure what to do because I can't go that long without seeing him when I have the opportunity to.
    3 accidents in 3 years?
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    Dont take this the wrong way, but is there more to this story or something else going? I feel that if you have two years before you can move anywhere (for whatever reason) you have quite some time to save money and spending a few hundred dollars to go see him is pocket change if you look at the whole picture.
    That is what I have been trying to tell him but he is so stubborn. Maybe there is something else I don't know about. I can't move out again for 2 years because my insurance dropped me and I can't live alone without a car.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    3 accidents in 3 years?
    I honestly am just not a very good driver. Probably good I can't be insured for a couple years.
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayshep1220 View Post
    I honestly am just not a very good driver. Probably good I can't be insured for a couple years.
    I'd consider changing your driving habits, for the safety of others.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I'd consider changing your driving habits, for the safety of others.
    I am not a reckless driver. Some people just are not good at driving. That is why I will not be driving for the next two years.
  8. Senior Member
    I really get a feeling he's using that an excuse and just doesn't want you visiting. Sorry to say. Two years is a long time to save money especially since he knows you won't move out before then anyway due to your driving situation. Not like you are pressed to save money because you are moving next month. It really sounds to me like he doesn't want you to visit for another reason and uses that as a cop out. But I could be wrong.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    He ended up apologizing and said he overreacted. I'm not sure what was going on in his head but everything is good now.