Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Car Question

1. Regular Member

Car Question

Advertisements
    Hi everyone! I'm moving in a couple weeks and my car's inspection runs out next month. This is my first time moving out of state and DH hasn't had to deal with this yet as he got his car inspected by a friend during a visit here. Has anyone registered their vehicle in one state and then gotten an inspection in another state? Is that allowed or change by state? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
  2. Regular Member
    Everything varies state to state. TN required an emissions test to get it registered in TN. But FL didn't require any type of test for registration. So it all depends on the state you're going to.
  3. Senior Member
    Depends on where the car is being registared. My car is plated in OR and never need an inspection other than a VIN for plating. Where is your car registared right now? Is your spouses name on the car or just yours? where are you moving to?
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    What state is the car registered in?
    What state are you moving to?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Regular Member
    This website breaks it down by state: Vehicle Registration for Military Families | Military.com
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumperJane View Post
    This website breaks it down by state: Vehicle Registration for Military Families | Military.com
    Thank you, I'll check this out!

I'm currently in Maine and will be going to New York. With New York's driving laws I'm sure some type of inspection will be required.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crnason4224 View Post
    Thank you, I'll check this out!

I'm currently in Maine and will be going to New York. With New York's driving laws I'm sure some type of inspection will be required.
    You should only need a car inspection when you get it registered. I'm not aware of any laws that prohibit you from driving into the state if they haven't inspected your car. Just make sure the registration and insurance are up to date.