Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Struggling

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Struggling

Advertisements
    Hi All,

I'm really starting to struggle. My husband is active duty and overseas. The communication is sporadic due to recent events. I find myself getting frustrated and wanting to get mad at him. I know it's not his fault. I just feel so disconnected. We have and end date but I'm still just struggling. I am keeping myself busy seeing friends and working. Sometimes, it's just aching and I find myself sleeping a lot and sometimes crying. Any advice or what helped you would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
  2. Senior Member
    It ok to be angry it is frustrating situation sometimes. Have you looked into counseling at all? Sometimes venting to someone on the outside or just a sound mind helps sometimes. there are resources out there that you can use for free.

Where are you located? Are you involved in the FRG...sometimes connecting with others who are apart of the command help since they are in the same situation.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    It ok to be angry it is frustrating situation sometimes. Have you looked into counseling at all? Sometimes venting to someone on the outside or just a sound mind helps sometimes. there are resources out there that you can use for free.

Where are you located? Are you involved in the FRG...sometimes connecting with others who are apart of the command help since they are in the same situation.
    I do have friends that are super supportive and let me vent. Most of the time I'm okay it's just been recently really difficult. He was really sick and in the hospital and it was hard not be there for him and to hear of most of it after the fact.

I'm on the west coast. Don't live on or near a base. I'm not involved with FRG.
  4. Senior Member
    there is always a part in every deployment that makes it where the walls come down on both parts. When my husband was deployed the first time he was trying to get into a school while he was gone...oh the emails that was going on. oh we had a fight in emails for like an hour....which if we could have been on the phone it would have been better. It was all about trying to find some documents he needed that i needed to send in....so on and so on.

maybe look into militaryonesource.com. Some great resources of outlets who might have a great understanding about your particular situation.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you. I will look into it.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycie220 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm really starting to struggle. My husband is active duty and overseas. The communication is sporadic due to recent events. I find myself getting frustrated and wanting to get mad at him. I know it's not his fault. I just feel so disconnected. We have and end date but I'm still just struggling. I am keeping myself busy seeing friends and working. Sometimes, it's just aching and I find myself sleeping a lot and sometimes crying. Any advice or what helped you would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Communication is always a frustrating point of contention during a deployment. Just remember that he has external stress and other factors that will limit his phone or email or chat time. The anger you feel isn't just about communication - it's also about feeling alone and missing him. You can turn that emotion into good or bad. Make it work for you - turn the emotion into a heartfelt card! Direct your energy elsewhere.
    Sleeping isn't always bad - good way to reset your body from emotional stress. Just have to know where your line between sleeping and resetting or sleeping and being depressed. When you can't get out of bed, it's usually a sign to speak with someone for help.
    I hope my 5am ramble helps and keep you chin up!!
  7. Senior Member
    Is he deployed or stationed overseas?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    First of all, thank you for your responses. It helps just being able to vent to folks who get it. I was able to talk to him for a while today. It helped really calm me down and I must say I'm feeling better and feeling like I can get through this. I totally get his side too. I try my best to be positive and focus on the great things in my life. I'm not sure why I just couldn't do it this week. This is the first time I really sought out something like this and I'm glad I did. I think part of it just scares me when there's no contact for a period of time. I know it's expected but never makes it easier. He's stationed in the Middle East right now.
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycie220 View Post
    First of all, thank you for your responses. It helps just being able to vent to folks who get it. I was able to talk to him for a while today. It helped really calm me down and I must say I'm feeling better and feeling like I can get through this. I totally get his side too. I try my best to be positive and focus on the great things in my life. I'm not sure why I just couldn't do it this week. This is the first time I really sought out something like this and I'm glad I did. I think part of it just scares me when there's no contact for a period of time. I know it's expected but never makes it easier. He's stationed in the Middle East right now.
    It's super hard to be positive all the time. Even positive people need a break and need to just let all the emotion and anger out! As long as you direct it towards inanimate objects and not him it will be fine. I hate to sound like a typical military wife but just keep chugging along and keep your chin up!