Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question..

1. Regular Member

Question..

Advertisements
    Hey guys, I hope all is well with everyone😊 I have a quick question... so, I made a reservation at Baymont Inn at Fort Lee. I'm not of age as of yet, but I didn't include that information when making the reservation. Do you all think they will ask for ID when I check in?
  2. Senior Member
    They will absolutely ask for your ID.
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by ashantiw View Post
    Hey guys, I hope all is well with everyone�� I have a quick question... so, I made a reservation at Baymont Inn at Fort Lee. I'm not of age as of yet, but I didn't include that information when making the reservation. Do you all think they will ask for ID when I check in?
    Yes. Pretty much all hotels require ID at checkin. And what do you mean not of age? Are you not 18?
    ~Becca~

4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yes anytime I've checked in on or off post they always ask for my photo ID and my credit card.
  5. Regular Member
    I'm 18.. but I think the age is like 20 or 21. I was just asking because at when I stayed in a hotel at Fort Jackson, they only asked for my card and not my ID. But I'll call back and see if hopefully they can do something to accommodate me😩 *fingers crossed*
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by ashantiw View Post
    I'm 18.. but I think the age is like 20 or 21. I was just asking because at when I stayed in a hotel at Fort Jackson, they only asked for my card and not my ID. But I'll call back and see if hopefully they can do something to accommodate me�� *fingers crossed*
    Ah ok, just be honest with them and hopefully they'll be fine with it. I had the same issue when I moved to college, alone. I got there a day before dorm move-in and went to stay in a hotel for the night before and they originally told me they had the restriction. I told them I just drove down from MA (this was FL) and I seriously did not have any other place to stay since I came alone and didn't know anyone in that town nor could I get into my dorm early. They were totally fine with it and let me stay with no issues.
    ~Becca~

7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Ah ok, just be honest with them and hopefully they'll be fine with it. I had the same issue when I moved to college, alone. I got there a day before dorm move-in and went to stay in a hotel for the night before and they originally told me they had the restriction. I told them I just drove down from MA (this was FL) and I seriously did not have any other place to stay since I came alone and didn't know anyone in that town nor could I get into my dorm early. They were totally fine with it and let me stay with no issues.
    Ok thanks, lol I feel a bit more confident about them letting me stay. But I'm gonna wait a couple hours before calling again so that I don't get the same person, Lol.
  8. Senior Member
    Once you get confirmation that they'll let you check in get the name of the person who told you it would be okay in case you have any trouble during check in.
  9. Regular Member
    Glad you were able to get a room there! I didn't realize you were under 20/21 when I recommended in your last thread. When DH and I stayed there last year we were both 20 (still under the normal age hotels request) but he called ahead of time and everything was taken care of. I worried about it endlessly right up until I handed over my card and they handed me the key with no issue. So definitely call but, unless we just got lucky, I think you'll be all set. The staff were really accommodating overall for us, I'm hoping that hasn't changed for you!
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crnason4224 View Post
    Glad you were able to get a room there! I didn't realize you were under 20/21 when I recommended in your last thread. When DH and I stayed there last year we were both 20 (still under the normal age hotels request) but he called ahead of time and everything was taken care of. I worried about it endlessly right up until I handed over my card and they handed me the key with no issue. So definitely call but, unless we just got lucky, I think you'll be all set. The staff were really accommodating overall for us, I'm hoping that hasn't changed for you!
    It actually did 😔 There was apparently nothing they could do.. but I'm going to try and call back tomorrow, maybe I'll get a more understanding staff member.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast