Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Seeking advice..

1. Regular Member

Seeking advice..

Advertisements
    So this may not be a huge deal or may even be a minor concern.. but this past week I've been having a rough time with my bf being in BCT and i know i will see him soon but I'm still having a tough time. I took a few days off from work because I've been so stressed and my job is also very stressful. So an incident happened today at work and I cried and had an emotional moment but I think it just puts on more stress working there and on top of that.. I miss my DB dearly. Wondering if any of you experienced this or wondering if this is normal? Thanks
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by aw75257 View Post
    So this may not be a huge deal or may even be a minor concern.. but this past week I've been having a rough time with my bf being in BCT and i know i will see him soon but I'm still having a tough time. I took a few days off from work because I've been so stressed and my job is also very stressful. So an incident happened today at work and I cried and had an emotional moment but I think it just puts on more stress working there and on top of that.. I miss my DB dearly. Wondering if any of you experienced this or wondering if this is normal? Thanks
    I didn't date someone while they were away at boot, but went through a deployment and can say it definitely gets tough sometimes, but of course the flip side is that it gets better! You will get through this and you will adjust to the new normal. Just keep busy, surround yourself with friends and family, and spend time doing your own thing. Sad days are okay, you can sit around with a pint of ice cream and a movie, but pick yourself up the next day and move forward.

You got this!
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I didn't date someone while they were away at boot, but went through a deployment and can say it definitely gets tough sometimes, but of course the flip side is that it gets better! You will get through this and you will adjust to the new normal. Just keep busy, surround yourself with friends and family, and spend time doing your own thing. Sad days are okay, you can sit around with a pint of ice cream and a movie, but pick yourself up the next day and move forward.

You got this!
    Thank you! I really appreciate it I know all of my doubts will go away. i guess i felt like a cry baby when i cried at work haha.. But I guess everything is so overwhelming so it happens i guess.
  4. Regular Member
    Definitely normal.. there were days for me that I didn't want to do anything or be bothered by anyone. I totally understand your behavior. As long as your able to pick yourself up, you'll be fine. If you ever need to chat, I'm always here and there are probably others here that can do the same (I don't want to speak on behalf of everyone else!) lol
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    aw75257 ,
    I am currently going through this as well. I can not say I am an expert at dealing with him leaving and having to be awaym but I can tell you what has helped me. It is something that my DB told me he tries to do to make his time go by quicker. That is to....STAY BUSY. Find a hobby that you have always wanted to do or something that you've always wanted to try and focus on that. you will never not miss him. But when it gets to be a little bit harder some days than others, take your mid of it a little re focusing that emotion towards something else that makes you happy. I personally love to sing s. So I will use my emotions to write my new song and then later use thoe emotions at the studio to record my songs. or I will throw a random BBQ or ladies night and just get it out. Like I said, you will never not miss him and it will never be easy. he has your heart. But we can get though it if we stay refocused I hope this helps a little an id not do more damage than good. Stay happy. MAKE YOU HAPPY!! by doing the things that YOU love
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Egybelle View Post
    aw75257 ,
    I am currently going through this as well. I can not say I am an expert at dealing with him leaving and having to be awaym but I can tell you what has helped me. It is something that my DB told me he tries to do to make his time go by quicker. That is to....STAY BUSY. Find a hobby that you have always wanted to do or something that you've always wanted to try and focus on that. you will never not miss him. But when it gets to be a little bit harder some days than others, take your mid of it a little re focusing that emotion towards something else that makes you happy. I personally love to sing s. So I will use my emotions to write my new song and then later use thoe emotions at the studio to record my songs. or I will throw a random BBQ or ladies night and just get it out. Like I said, you will never not miss him and it will never be easy. he has your heart. But we can get though it if we stay refocused I hope this helps a little an id not do more damage than good. Stay happy. MAKE YOU HAPPY!! by doing the things that YOU love
    Thank you girl! yes we can definitely get through this! Its been rough but i know i will be seeing him very soon! Where is your DB training at if you don't mind me asking
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashantiw View Post
    Definitely normal.. there were days for me that I didn't want to do anything or be bothered by anyone. I totally understand your behavior. As long as your able to pick yourself up, you'll be fine. If you ever need to chat, I'm always here and there are probably others here that can do the same (I don't want to speak on behalf of everyone else!) lol
    Thank you! I appreciate it
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by aw75257 View Post
    Thank you girl! yes we can definitely get through this! Its been rough but i know i will be seeing him very soon! Where is your DB training at if you don't mind me asking
    he is actually Deployed and his mission ends This june. After being Gone since Last July. I am so ready for him just to be close aready. It is the last few weeks that are hardest I think