Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DoD Education Activity (DoDEA) help

1. d12
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.

DoD Education Activity (DoDEA) help

Advertisements
    I have looked through the information and I don't know if I am just overlooking the answer or if it is not there so I could use a little help...

I am interested in working on post in the future as a teacher. From what I can tell, that is the ideal situation for everyone (lol). Anyways, one of the requirements for the application is "availability to work on a worldwide basis", yet there are some supplemental links that include spouse preference forms, ect.

Does anyone know how this would affect a spouse whose husband/wife is stationed at a particular location? I have emailed the appropriate sources, but I know that can take some time to receive a response. I am just not sure if it would be better to look more at local school districts off-post or if the DoDEA school system would be a good way to go. I don't know if there is just so much information that I can't see the forest for the trees or if it truly is as ambiguous as it seems.

I am already certified and teaching in Texas. It seems that the likely states of relocation have reciprocity with Texas certificates so off-post wouldn't be terrible. I just know that in the event of a PCS, school years do not often correspond with military schedules lol

And honestly, any information at all would be incredibly helpful.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You need to go to https://www.usajobs.gov/ and start there.

If you are military spouse, you can get a preference for it; but, it depends on the job and what is opened. That is also if you are stationed there I believe. If you aren't there, you can't claim it is what we were told at Ramstein. That could have changed as that was 2 years ago now. I know of people that have been at a job for 13+ years; but, that isn't always the case.

I know of people that were military spouses that use to teach; but, they got them because they subbed first.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    In case you don't know, I just wanted to point out that most schools on base/post in the US are not DOD schools.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    In case you don't know, I just wanted to point out that most schools on base/post in the US are not DOD schools.
    There are a lot more than I thought there were... DoDEA Americas (DDESS) Area Schools

All the bases we have lived on that had schools on them, were local schools, not DOD.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. d12
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Thanks for the info! I honestly had no idea. I have a few contacts in the Fayetteville/Raleigh area in NC at a couple of local schools off post, which I would not mind at all. I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row lol