Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SPOUSE HOME FOR WEEKEND HELP

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Duh SPOUSE HOME FOR WEEKEND HELP

Advertisements
    My boyfriend is allowed home for the weekend. I last saw him three weeks ago when I was visiting him in Mississippi. His parents haven't seen him for months and I am staying home today to let them spend time together. I am ecstatic to be able see him again but why am I feeling guilty?? I feel like I am sucking up his time when his parents would like to spend it with him. We all spend time together so it's not like he's solely with me. We all get along great but I can't help but feel guilty for "taking up their son's time" when he could be spending it solely with them. His parents would never tell me to leave and I've asked him numerous times if he wants me to come over for a day vs the entire weekend so he has more time with them. Opinions, thoughts, comments please! Or am I being dramatic
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Duh BOYFRIEND AND PARENTS HELP

My boyfriend is allowed home for the weekend. I last saw him three weeks ago when I was visiting him in Mississippi. His parents haven't seen him for months and I am staying home today to let them spend time together. I am ecstatic to be able see him again but why am I feeling guilty?? I feel like I am sucking up his time when his parents would like to spend it with him. We all spend time together so it's not like he's solely with me. We all get along great but I can't help but feel guilty for "taking up their son's time" when he could be spending it solely with them. His parents would never tell me to leave and I've asked him numerous times if he wants me to come over for a day vs the entire weekend so he has more time with them. Opinions, thoughts, comments please! Or am I being dramatic
  3. Senior Member
    I think it's great that you are so considerate! Why are you questioning yourself?
  4. Senior Member
    I'm sure his parents understand he wants to see his girlfriend.
  5. Regular Member
    Don't give yourself a complex about this. It's very nice that he's spending a whole day with his parents, but it's completely normal and okay for you guys to make each other a priority, too.
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Merged two like threads into original thread. Please do not create duplicate threads in different areas of the board as it is against TOS.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hello! I am curious who initiated seeing each other? I personally feel like if he only wanted to spend time with his family he would let you know or at least hint at it. Plus, if you notice his family gets along with you, I wouldn't see why it would be a problem. I would make sure they feel like the time they shared with you is appreciated by just simply saying thank you.