Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can there not be a reason for being admitted into warrior recovery center?

1. Banned
    Banned

Can there not be a reason for being admitted into warrior recovery center?

Advertisements
    I would assume there would have to be a reason for being admitted into the warrior recover center. But can they be admitted for just "vacation" during a deployment for working hard? It sounds sketchy to me. "Warrior recovery" just sounds like something is wrong.

I would assume if something was wrong, they would call.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathansGirl View Post
    I would assume there would have to be a reason for being admitted into the warrior recover center. But can they be admitted for just "vacation" during a deployment for working hard? It sounds sketchy to me. "Warrior recovery" just sounds like something is wrong.

Is this something you have heard by word of mouth or something being told to you by an SO or?
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathansGirl View Post

Ummm...what? Can you explain more about everything? Your post doesnt make such sense.
  4. Senior Member
    Did you get word that your SO is in the warrior recovery center? Did you hear that from him, someone official, or word of mouth?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Banned
    Banned
    here is what I found on the WRC in Kandahar. it looks like they can be admitted for exhaustion and mental health issues.

Kandahar Warrior Recovery Center, USO Relaxation Room Provide Crucial 'in Country' Care | USO
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I heard from my DF that he was given "vacation" to one of their facilities for a few days..
  7. Senior Member
    Isn't he almost done? (Don't post specifics; you don't even have to answer.)

I've never heard of it being used as "vacation", and google doesn't seem to have any mentions of it being used that way. And if he's about to come home, it doesn't really make sense, even if the WRC was used that way.

Also, in the OP you said that if something was wrong, "they" would call. If you aren't listed as his contact, then no, they wouldn't. And since he was able to call himself, even if you are his contact person, that likely meets the requirements. If he can call himself, there's no reason for a second phone call.

I can't say definitely that it's bullshit, but at the very least is it bullshit adjacent.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Banned
    Banned
    That sounds odd
  9. Banned
    Banned
    I am his contact.

He didn't call me, he emailed me.

But it sounds very bullshitty. We tell each other everything.. But he knows me well enough that I would worry if anything happened to him. So if anything, he is telling me the truth going there... But he is REALLY sugar coating it.

So no one has ever heard of "vacation" for this before? I know I haven't. But I mean.. This is his and my first deployment ever on both sides in any aspect so I don't know a ton.

I agree.. It sounds very.. Shady.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Maybe he is so stressed to the point that his command felt like he had to be removed and they sent him there. And he just is using "vacation" as being sarcastic? I really have no idea.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast