Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Card and Personal ID

1. Regular Member

Credit Card and Personal ID

Advertisements
    Why would a high ranking service man not have a personal id or readily available credit cards?

His identity is confirmed (known him since he was a kid), I just don't understand not having regular id.

The credit cards: I know he buys stuff, but, is there times where he can't use the cards?

Edit: I've added additional information further in the posts. I also wanted to thank everyone for their responses. Sometime I just don't understand what is going on and needed a seasoned opinion. Thank you!
    Last edited by ILoveM&Ms; 02-03-2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: more information
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    There's no reason to not have personal ID. All military members should have a military ID card.

And, some people don't do credit cards

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    confused.. are you saying he doesn't have a military ID, or that he doesn't some other form of ID other than a military ID?

as far as credit cards.. some people just don't like them and refuse to have them and live only by cash and cash/check/debit card only. Or are you saying he doesn't have debit card either?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveM&Ms View Post
    Why would a high ranking service man not have a personal id or readily available credit cards?

His identity is confirmed (known him since he was a kid), I just don't understand not having regular id.

The credit cards: I know he buys stuff, but, is there times where he can't use the cards?
    What do you mean? Does he have a military ID? What about a driver's license?

Some people just don't have credit cards. Does he have a debit card, or no "plastic" at all?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

- why would being "high ranking" have anything to do with it? As JenniPenni said, he will have his military ID.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Also, welcome back?
  7. Senior Member

You mean other than a military ID? Or including a military ID. Many many people don't have credit cards so that is fully believable. The no id is less believable but again what is included in the view of "personal" id. Driver's license? Military id? State id?

If you don't drive no need for a DL. If you have a military id there is no need for a state id, if you have a driver license there is no need for a state id.

Sounds very fishy......
  8. Senior Member
    Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. I think we need more info. Can you explain? Does he have no ID at all (including military)? Did he tell you he doesn't have any credit cards, or was he trying to make a purchase (from you?) but had no card? Did he ask you to pay for something for him? If you give up more info and explain the situation, we can probably give you more help.

And I don't know what you mean with your question about times when he can't use cards. Are you talking about the military not letting him use cards? If it's just a general question and you know he doesn't have a credit card, then that's not all that weird. Many people don't have credit cards because they find it hard not to overspend with them.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

First of all… ummm

Second of all… huh?
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    You mean other than a military ID? Or including a military ID. Many many people don't have credit cards so that is fully believable. The no id is less believable but again what is included in the view of "personal" id. Driver's license? Military id? State id?

If you don't drive no need for a DL. If you have a military id there is no need for a state id, if you have a driver license there is no need for a state id.

Sounds very fishy......
    Okay, this answers my question. He didn't drive as a kid, so no driver's license. I didn't realize that military ID took place of a state id.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast