Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing tour status (?) and length

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Changing tour status (?) and length

Advertisements
    We're currently stationed in Mildenhall, UK and my husband's tour is accompanied and 3 years. If I were to move back home to the states would he be able to change the status of his tour to unaccompanied and to 2 years?
  2. Senior Member
    If they've already paid for you to move out there and live there for a while, then I don't think there is any way to change the tour.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorris89 View Post
    We're currently stationed in Mildenhall, UK and my husband's tour is accompanied and 3 years. If I were to move back home to the states would he be able to change the status of his tour to unaccompanied and to 2 years?
    No, they will not change his tour length. This is all spelled out in the Assignments AFI.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Nope. They will not change it. They will not pay for your move either unless you can get an EDR (or ERD).

You would also pay for your move, tickets, stuff to get transferred. Also, after 30 days, the COLA will reduce to Cola without dependents.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Senior Member

Nope, part of the ERD process is him signing a paper saying he knows his tour length wont change.
  6. Senior Member
    Yeah, if you don't want to be there, ERoD (Early Return of Dependents) is your best bet. It won't change his tour length, but it would get you and your stuff back to the States.

If there is a super pressing reason you need to get home (like a sick relative who has no one to care for them except you), you might look into compassionate reassignment as well. They are hard to get and you have to met specific requirements, but that would get him reassigned. It would be bad for his career, however, and very few qualify.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

A coworker mentioned a friend of hers got orders back to their home state after being here a year. Her husband, the active duty member went to I believe his first sergeant and a board and told them she was incredibly unhappy here, being away from family and friends and that it was beginning to affect him. So they gave them a list of four bases near their hometown to pick from and moved them back closer to family.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    https://www.google.com/#q=erd+requirements+Military

If you click on the jber one...it will list your requirements. It is a word document.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Banned
    Banned
    A coworker mentioned a friend of hers got orders back to their home state after being here a year. Her husband, the active duty member went to I believe his first sergeant and a board and told them she was incredibly unhappy here, being away from family and friends and that it was beginning to affect him. So they gave them a list of four bases near their hometown to pick from and moved them back closer to family.
    Yeah I don't believe that for a second. Do you have any idea how many times people would ask for that then? Your spouse is unhappy with where you're stationed? The military will most likely tell you to suck it up. They can be just as unhappy at another base and then what? They don't cater to the spouse. They put the military member where they need him/her.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I find it odd myself. Idk how they got sent home but they did! I'll have to figure something out!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast