Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoying coworker?

1. Senior Member

Annoying coworker?

Advertisements
    My husband is a squad leader and one of his soldiers calls him like a hundred times a day. Not for work related things, they hung out a few times before I moved out here and the guy is just clingy. He'll call at any time of day just to see what my husband is up to and try to keep him on the phone forever just to chat. My husband is getting really irritated about it but due to the fact that he's in charge of him he can't really tell him to go away or anything.

He's suggested the guy text him instead a ton of times, he screens his calls, the guy won't take a hint. It annoys my husband and it annoys me. How could he handle this tactfully?
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Was he always his squad leader? Or, at the time they were 'hanging out' was he in charge of this guy?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Do we have the same husband?? DH had the exact same problem. He is a squad leader and his old platoon sgt was the same way. He would text him non-stop in the evenings about random crap and would want to hang out every weekend. DH ignored most of his texts and calls and just told him he had other plans (hanging out with me) on the weekends.

It didn't stop until they reorganized the teams and he got a new platoon sgt. The guy will still call occasionally but not nearly as often.

ETA So I really have no advice on how to make it stop since we never found a successful strategy. But I have tons of for you
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Was he always his squad leader? Or, at the time they were 'hanging out' was he in charge of this guy?
    No, this is recent. And they're the same rank, but their unit is deployed right now so my husband got a squad leader spot.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I'm not familiar enough with squad leader.. but if it can fall under the 'fraternization' rule, then maybe he could use that. Tell him that based on his new role he isn't able to fratenize with subordinates..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He needs to sit the guys down, and tell the truth:
    "My wife is a clingy needy woman who is jealous of me having any other friends, so please, for gods' sake, please stop all the calling. You have to understand. She looks at my phone every night, she reads my e-mail, she goes through my texts! She is a crazy woman. So please, please stop calling! I don't know what she is going to do to me this time. last time...The last guy she allowed me to hang out with, well, he and his family disappeared."
    And then he should drop to his knees, put his face in his hands and start crying.
    This should keep the guy from calling so often.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Senior Member
    Is he married? DH had one of those and it didn't stop until dude got married. You'll just have to find him a wife.

But seriously, sorry you guys have to deal with that. Super annoying.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    He needs to sit the guys down, and tell the truth:
    "My wife is a clingy needy woman who is jealous of me having any other friends, so please, for gods' sake, please stop all the calling. You have to understand. She looks at my phone every night, she reads my e-mail, she goes through my texts! She is a crazy woman. So please, please stop calling! I don't know what she is going to do to me this time. last time...The last guy she allowed me to hang out with, well, he and his family disappeared."
    And then he should drop to his knees, put his face in his hands and start crying.
    This should keep the guy from calling so often.
    Omg
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Is he married? DH had one of those and it didn't stop until dude got married. You'll just have to find him a wife.

But seriously, sorry you guys have to deal with that. Super annoying.
    He is, but his wife and kid are staying in Texas until his son finishes the school year or something. Oh and idk why he insists on CALLING my husband so much cause he told me he texts his wife like all the time. He obviously knows how to send texts.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He is, but his wife and kid are staying in Texas until his son finishes the school year or something. Oh and idk why he insists on CALLING my husband so much cause he told me he texts his wife like all the time. He obviously knows how to send texts.
    his wife got sick of his calls too! Sorry that would drive me crazy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast