Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typo on Orders

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Typo on Orders

Advertisements
    Okay, so I'm looking for someone who has experienced this issue before. I'm on my phone, so I apologize for any autocorrect errors.
    DH's rate has a 3 year rotation on sea duty, then 3 overseas, then 3 on shore. He has been at sea since Sept 2011, but since he was on LIMDU for a few months at one point, they rewrote his orders and extended him an extra year and change on sea duty to Dec 2015. Sucks, but whatever.
    Well DH checked his orders today and they were miswritten as Dec 2016 in the system! Ahhhhhh! It's a legitimate typo, not an intentional assignment, so he's going to talk to the NC1 to get it corrected. But this kind of thing can be fixed right? They're not going to refuse to fix the error, right? Has anyone had this happen?
  2. Senior Member
    It definitely can be fixed and it seems extremely unlikely that they would try to use it to make him stay longer. It should be a non-issue, though he'll need to be persistent in making sure it doesn't get dropped.

Hopefully it's a smooth process for him.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks, that's what I was figuring. I can't imagine them extending him from four (which is already an extra year) to five years of sea duty just for the hell of it, especially sneaking it on his orders without telling him lol. I like to think that detailers aren't sadistic puppeteers out to kill sailors' joy and make them lead miserable lives full of broken promises. But you never know!
  4. Senior Member

Yikes! I hope they can fix it!

DH had something similar happen to him. When he was at Kadena he did an IPCOT on his 2yr tour. IPCOTS should double your original assignment but when they did his they added 3yrs and not 2. He didn't realize it until it much later and I ended up having to extend a year at Kadena because he had an extra year there.

It actually worked out for us though since we had Aria and were going to have to extend a year to command sponsor her, they just used our extra year as our year for her.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Yikes! I hope he can get it fixed quickly! It would definitely make me really uneasy.
  6. Senior Member
    Ugh! That is awful! I hope they can get it fixed soon!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Thanks, that's what I was figuring. I can't imagine them extending him from four (which is already an extra year) to five years of sea duty just for the hell of it, especially sneaking it on his orders without telling him lol. I like to think that detailers aren't sadistic puppeteers out to kill sailors' joy and make them lead miserable lives full of broken promises. But you never know!
    They can and do just extend sometimes. DH has had his date mysteriously moved twice which is how we're now just hoping the we can get out of here ASAP before it gets magically extended again. His original PRD was November of 2012... It's January 2014 and now our PRD is April of this year (changed from the original, to May 2013, to now the current one). Nobody has ever given us straight answers about any of this so make sure you get on it right away to make sure it really was a typo. Also, no one informed him about any of our changes, DH would find out from mypay, I think? Or another specific .mil site that is escaping me right now. Purely by coincedence, it's been ridiculous.
  8. Senior Member
    Yes, the definitely can and do extend. But if it was just a typo, then they aren't going to extend him just because someone it a 5 instead of a 6. If you know it's a typo, I wouldn't be too concerned.

How long ago were the orders issued?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Yikes! I hope they can fix it!

DH had something similar happen to him. When he was at Kadena he did an IPCOT on his 2yr tour. IPCOTS should double your original assignment but when they did his they added 3yrs and not 2. He didn't realize it until it much later and I ended up having to extend a year at Kadena because he had an extra year there.

It actually worked out for us though since we had Aria and were going to have to extend a year to command sponsor her, they just used our extra year as our year for her.
    Eeeek! Yeah, this extra year would be terrible honestly-- there's a lot of back story that I don't feel comfortable posting, but an extra year at sea would be very bad for our family, especially DH. I'm hoping that since he caught this pretty early, it can be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    They can and do just extend sometimes. DH has had his date mysteriously moved twice which is how we're now just hoping the we can get out of here ASAP before it gets magically extended again. His original PRD was November of 2012... It's January 2014 and now our PRD is April of this year (changed from the original, to May 2013, to now the current one). Nobody has ever given us straight answers about any of this so make sure you get on it right away to make sure it really was a typo. Also, no one informed him about any of our changes, DH would find out from mypay, I think? Or another specific .mil site that is escaping me right now. Purely by coincedence, it's been ridiculous.
    Yeah, he knows that it is legitimately a typo-- it was confirmed that they were two year orders in November, then it was originally entered in as three year orders. So it wasn't an "add on" extension, it was entered incorrectly the first time, kwim?

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Yes, the definitely can and do extend. But if it was just a typo, then they aren't going to extend him just because someone it a 5 instead of a 6. If you know it's a typo, I wouldn't be too concerned.

How long ago were the orders issued?
    I believe that they were issued in November-- he got his hard copies just before he flew out to the ship. So it hasn't been very long.

I'm so stressed from this I'm trying my best not to think about it, but I'm all wound up and restless. Blah.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    They should just issue an Ordmod to adjust his PRD.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast