Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for internet stuff? (No idea what I'm doing!)

1. Senior Member

Advice for internet stuff? (No idea what I'm doing!)

Advertisements
    In Geramany, Netflix is not available. I REALLY miss it and want something to fill my boredom. My brother suggested changing my VPN. No idea what hes talking about. I also found this link:

How to Watch Netflix in Germany - VPNfreedom

I don't want to click on anything if it will do damage to my computer, or if its not legal or something. Does anyone know anything about this or any advice? Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Nope. you are fine. You can also used a paid service such as Proxpn. Use coupon code sn20 for a discount.
    All a VPN does is encrypt everything you do between you and a different server before it goes out to the rest of the net, hiding your IP address, then everything coming to you goes to that server, then is encrypted before it is sent to you.
    Perfectly legal.
    Choose a server in the states.
    Viola, netflix.

I use a vpn anytime I use public internet to make sure no one can grab my passwords, etc.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Most people I know use strongvpn or hidemyass (stupid name).
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I am using a VPN right now. If it truly is a VPN, perfectly safe.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Or you can use a free proxy server which does the same thing, but without the encryption or security. But it is safe.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    Do you guys have any links to any of this? I am way too young to be this technology retarded
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Thank you so much!!
  9. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    We pay $5 a month for Unblock-Us - smarter faster VPN. It allows really consistently good access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. though it doesn't allow you to watch music videos and stuff that are protected by GEMA.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    We pay $5 a month for Unblock-Us - smarter faster VPN. It allows really consistently good access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. though it doesn't allow you to watch music videos and stuff that are protected by GEMA.
    I'm pretty sure we use this service as well and have never had a problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast