Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I think I have a cavity

1. Senior Member

I think I have a cavity

Advertisements
    In all my almost 23 years of life I've never had a cavity but I think I have one now. It's really shallow and only hurts when I bite something cold or hard so I'm not too concerned but I still think I should go to the dentist. I don't want to go back to the dentist I perviously saw because my former coworker who initially referred me to him had a really bad experience and is in the process of reporting him so I'm not quite sure what to do. Do I call tricare and tell them that I need to see a new dentist or do I just find one who accepts TDP and make an appointment with them? Also, If I go in just for a filling will it be covered??? TIA!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You can go to any dentist you want as long as they accept the insurance. If you just went in though, I would see about getting your X-rays. I think that would be the only issue you might run into in regards to the insurance possibly not paying for X-rays again.

I don't remember the exact percentage but I believe insurance covers 80%. I am on my phone & not at home so I can't look it up in the book I have of coverage. You can go to the insurance website though. It will tell you. I do not have the link though handy.
  3. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

TRICARE Dental Program - Costs

^covered percents based on ranks.

It also has a link to the booklet

You can even find a dentist there

4. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Its possible its not a cavity, but a sensitive tooth. I had that issue and told my dentist and it was related to a filling I had and sensitive teeth. Changing my toothpaste has helped a ton.

I would still find a new dentist who accepts tricare and go in. Like PP's have said, make sure you check about xrays, but you should still go in.
  5. Senior Member
    Awesome thanks everyone!