Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Light Therapy?

  1. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    HisJuliet's Avatar
    HisJuliet is offline
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Together Again!
    Posts
    9,078
    #1

    Light Therapy?

    Advertisements
    I see often on the board that light therapy and/or certain lights are recommended to members with SAD or just struggling with being down.

    Does anyone have links to readings or lights they recommend? I've just been so negative and down when I'm in my office I'm hoping something will help.
  2. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mrs.Mermaid.'s Avatar
    Mrs.Mermaid. is offline
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ocean Blue
    Posts
    31,068

    #2
    I haven't officially looked into them, so I don't have any

    But I think there's a member on the board that did/does light therapy and loves it...I can picture her avatar...she's wearing a fake mustache....RWAR! I can't remember name.
  3. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooUnicorn! View Post
    I haven't officially looked into them, so I don't have any

    But I think there's a member on the board that did/does light therapy and loves it...I can picture her avatar...she's wearing a fake mustache....RWAR! I can't remember name.
    What'dya mean my mustache is FAKE!?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Senior Member
    Debra's Avatar
    Debra is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    20,671
    Blog Entries
    1
    #5
    I am just starting to research them. It was recommended to me that when researching lights, that you make sure you choose one that is made for SAD. Phototherapy is also used for skin issues like Psoriasis. Those lights use higher levels of UV. It talks about it as well in the first link.

    I read this:
    Seasonal affective disorder treatment: Choosing a light box - Mayo Clinic

    And I reading here now:
    Effective Depression Home Remedies|SAD Lights Review on the Best SAD Lamps
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

    https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  5. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mrs.Mermaid.'s Avatar
    Mrs.Mermaid. is offline
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ocean Blue
    Posts
    31,068

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    What'dya mean my mustache is FAKE!?





    Teach me the ways of having an epic mustache like yours!
  6. Senior Member
    Debra's Avatar
    Debra is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    20,671
    Blog Entries
    1
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooUnicorn! View Post
    Teach me the ways of having an epic mustache like yours!
    Mine isn't a cool one like that but if you wanna grow a 'stache, make sure you have PCOS like me.

    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

    https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  7. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooUnicorn! View Post




    Teach me the ways of having an epic mustache like yours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Mine isn't a cool one like that but if you wanna grow a 'stache, make sure you have PCOS like me.

    I frequently tease Dh that if I could grow a gorgeous stache, I totally would. He gets grossed out He also has a strawberry blonde stache when the rest of his facial hair is dark brown so he gets embarrassed by it all the time.

    Sorry to threadjack OP. If you have any more questions, let me know! I found that for me, vitamin D supplementation and early morning exercise were essential, in addition to the light.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    HisJuliet's Avatar
    HisJuliet is offline
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Together Again!
    Posts
    9,078
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I frequently tease Dh that if I could grow a gorgeous stache, I totally would. He gets grossed out He also has a strawberry blonde stache when the rest of his facial hair is dark brown so he gets embarrassed by it all the time.

    Sorry to threadjack OP. If you have any more questions, let me know! I found that for me, vitamin D supplementation and early morning exercise were essential, in addition to the light.
    Threadjackers

    It's okay, loved the laugh!

    Question for you and Jazmine, I haven't had time to research the lights yet, just read the reviews on Amazon. Do you stare at the light? Am I understanding this right? Or is it just something you have on near you?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •