Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: is military life really that bad?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

is military life really that bad?

Advertisements
    I am currently 19 and attending a college in my hometown. me and my fiancé have been together for almost 4 years and have a almost 3 year old. he decided to join the Marines and I support his decision, because I am here to support him not hold him back... right? well... he has gone through the whole process and leaves for recruit training in about a month. my mom has been saying that she doesn't think him being in the Marines is fair for me and our child because I wont get to have my career that I want and she'll always be the new kid in school and has told me that I need to talk to some military wives. So, I'm here to ask if it is truly as bad as everyone that just happens to not be a military wife has made it out to be?
  2. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

It depends.

A lot of people love it. I think it's horrible and can't wait until DH is out. Everyone is different.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Most people involved will tell you its not bad at all. Its just different.
    Nothing prevents you from having the career you want. It may just be harder.
    What career DO you want?
    Are you in college now?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    It depends.

A lot of people love it. I think it's horrible and can't wait until DH is out. Everyone is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    What career DO you want?
    Are you in college now?
    Ok, most, except Bajingo.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Ok, most, except Bajingo.
    I like to be difficult

I just really miss living near family and not having to think about moving.

6. Senior Member
    I enjoy military life and I don't believe it's that bad. It's what you make of it. One can find positives and negatives in all walks of life. I don't think it's fair for your Mom to be so negative nelly about it. She can express her concerns in a better way, instead of making it sound like hell.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    What career DO you want?
    Are you in college now?
    I am currently in my 2nd semester of college. I am attempting to get my nursing degree. I just wanted to know what actual military spouses thought about military and what they have personally experienced with jobs. I know I wont have a retirement until after he is out and we live in one place and i'm okay with that I don't plan on retiring at 40 anyway.
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    It depends on the person. Each person's experience with the military is different. Some people love it, some people hate it, some people don't care either way. What is your career?

9. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by ashb10 View Post
    I am currently in my 2nd semester of college. I am attempting to get my nursing degree. I just wanted to know what actual military spouses thought about military and what they have personally experienced with jobs. I know I wont have a retirement until after he is out and we live in one place and i'm okay with that I don't plan on retiring at 40 anyway.
    Nursing is a super flexible career. Nurses are always needed

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashb10 View Post
    I think that Nursing is probably a GOOD career for a military spouse. The healthcare industry is everywhere and for the most part, I believe, in high demand.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast