Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Ughhh

  1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #1

    Ughhh

    Advertisements
    We got a gift today from our friend which I knew was coming and we got him a gift. I didn't know it was going to be such an expensive gift and I didn't even spend half of what he did. Should I send some more stuff? Would that be weird after the holidays? I don't want him to think I'm getting him more stuff cause he got us such an expensive gift but I feel shitty for the amount I spent VS the amount he did.


  2. Senior Member
    dolphindm04's Avatar
    dolphindm04 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,237
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterQueen View Post
    We got a gift today from our friend which I knew was coming and we got him a gift. I didn't know it was going to be such an expensive gift and I didn't even spend half of what he did. Should I send some more stuff? Would that be weird after the holidays? I don't want him to think I'm getting him more stuff cause he got us such an expensive gift but I feel shitty for the amount I spent VS the amount he did.
    I wouldn't add to the gift you already gave him, but a nice thank you card would surely be appreciated by your friend.
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    I wouldn't add to the gift you already gave him, but a nice thank you card would surely be appreciated by your friend.
    I sent a card with my gift so should I send another one?

    It just sucks. I know it's about giving and not the price blah blah whatever but a receipt paper came with his gift because it was shipped from amazon and that's kind of hard to ignore.


  4. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #4
    Is he nearby at all? I'd just treat him to dinner instead of sending another gift.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Is he nearby at all? I'd just treat him to dinner instead of sending another gift.
    No he's in Arkansas


  6. Senior Member
    dolphindm04's Avatar
    dolphindm04 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,237
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterQueen View Post
    I sent a card with my gift so should I send another one?

    It just sucks. I know it's about giving and not the price blah blah whatever but a receipt paper came with his gift because it was shipped from amazon and that's kind of hard to ignore.
    Hmm..in that case, I'd probably leave it be. If it continues to eat at you, I'd send a thank you card still.
  7. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #7
    Maybe just make it up for the next gift giving occasion?
  8. -----<3-----
    Lady Door Of Arch's Avatar
    Lady Door Of Arch is offline
    -----<3-----
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    RAF Mildenhall
    Posts
    1,238

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe just make it up for the next gift giving occasion?
    We have had this same problem with a friend of ours a couple of times during the holiday season. We just make up for it on his BD present or the next Christmas.
  9. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe just make it up for the next gift giving occasion?
    Yeah I totally forgot his birthday is in 4 weeks so we can make it up then!


  10. Senior Member
    smileygirl's Avatar
    smileygirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    355
    #10
    I would make up for it on the next gift
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •